❂| 020. You got a boyfriend now- Jacob

The Quilete Council

The elders sat around the round table, Billy Black was talking with Ateara IV, some too old, just there to provide their knowledge to the coming pack, a silence fell upon the table, when Sam Uley entered, Paul and Jared silently following him.

"Ah, the pack's here, must one of two imprinted on someone? Cause, no one is missing or dead so that must be it" Billy addressed the younger boys, a tint of sadness in his eyes, they are still too young for this responsibility, Jacob will have to lead them one day too but that's for later.

Sam urged Paul to move ahead, stating that he's the one who imprinted on someone, Ateara studied him, the boy has grown a lot since the last time he saw him, he remembers him playing with his grandson and Jacob, everything changed when he shifted, "Lahote, you know what's an imprint is, right?", Paul nodded at him, the other members were just bystander.

"An imprint, the most sacred bond in our community, the imprinted becomes a part of the pack, you cherish them, you protect them, you live by them, you die by them," Billy told the table, he has a habit of telling long stories so a short explanation was more than enough, "Yes, I know that it's more like" Paul's voice faltered, it was new for them, the angry wolf who shouted his thoughts without any filter was now struggling to make words, "well who is it, you did not call us, early in the morning just to not give us all the information" Ateara voice was louder, the old man loved his sleep but his duty for the pack was important to him too, what they say about the old, angry and tired, just like that.

Sam took over Paul, he knew the whole thing could be difficult but seeing the tension here was more than he expected, "Chief's Swan kid", a long silence followed after it, Billy was thinking, how his best friend's daughter is struck with the wolves now, that means he will have to tell the secret to them, "Isabella, that was her name right, I heard they were back, where did you meet her?", Sam flashed a smile to Paul, the others thought it would be the daughter was no big deal, he only has heard stories about same-sex imprints but the pack has never seen such thing before so he knew where they are coming from.

Paul calmed himself down, the memories was all in his head, even to think of him was making him feel all happy and giddy and sad, that he is not near him, "Actually no", he told them, a wave of confusion fall over the table, Billy was joining it all together, Charlie has a son too, twin of Bella, but when Paul finally spoke the name, his doubts became clear, " Sebastian Swan, I imprinted on him", the table was silent once again, the elders whispering with each other, Paul's heart was racing, he was ready to hear words like, "cursed, Sinner", but he did not, instead Billy flashed a smile to him, "i was on my way to the Swan's only, do you wanna come?", everyone was surprised to hear that, Ateara grumbled before speaking, "The nature did that, who we are to oppose that, remember, he's your mate now, be good with him", Paul knew where those words were coming from, growing up he was an angry child, always throwing tantrums , picking up fights, once he became a wolf, the emotions heightened, anger mixed with blood lust is a well-known poison, one which kills everything around you and the same which will rot you from the inside.

"I will never hurt him, I promise," Paul told them, looking directly into the eyes of the council, they all looked behind him, just for a second, a wave of sadness ran over Sam's face, the guilt of hurting his mate, he's still dealing with it.

The Council dispersed, everyone, moving away, the elders dissolved in the shadows, "you did well, don't worry about patrol, go meet with Seb" Sam patted his back and left with Jared, only Billy and Paul stood there, "well, I hope Jacob won't mind me" Paul moved with Billy, he just grumbled, hoping Jacob likes Bella more than he likes Seb, "young teens, full of love", he quoted his dead wife, she always was a charmer, he misses her every day.