❂| 027. "He's my home"- Jasper

Bella drives the truck while Sebastian stares into the forest, hoping for a glimpse of the wolves, it was a weird feeling, the wolves radiate safety, he looks at Ella, who looked devastated, for her, he needs to go with her, to keep her safe, "Ella, breathe", he puts his hand on her hand, feeling her heart was beating more than his, "it's gonna be fine", he squeezes her hand, "I hurt him, even when you told me not to", she blurts the whole thing, she was hurting too, what she said was her mother's last word to Charlie before she left him too.

"Bella-", Sebastian was cut off by Edward latching onto the truck, opening the door of a running vehicle, and sliding him, Bella scooted over to give him space and left the steering in his hand, "you both will be fine, James went to the house but he left, he will follow us now", Edward tries his best to calm the twins, the trucks sways as someone jumped on the back, the twins went into frenzy mode, "it's just Jasper", he looks at Sebastian, replaying that Sebastian told them that he will be staying but here is, holding Bella's hand, being her support.

"Edward", the use of his real name instead of the nickname which Seb used him was worrying Edward, he looks at him, "yeah, Seb?", Sebastian looks at Bella, then at Edward, "if it ever comes to something, please, save her", he pats Bella' head, ruffling her hair, "don't be a fool, Seb, I would never accept that", Bella looks at Edward, shaking her head, Sebastian flicks her forehead, smiling at him, Edward notices the tear Sebastian was trying his best to hold at back, "the fun part is, you don't have to accept that, Ella", he blinks his eyes, "I want you to be alive", he says this while looking at Edward, he nods at him, getting the message. Edward was shocked, maybe if he had any siblings, he would know what that bond is all about but one thing was clear if the twins turn, Sebastian who now won't mind dying for his sister, definitely won't mind ending someone if it meant to keep his sister safe.

Jasper was quick to open the door, and pulled Sebastian onto his lap in the cramped truck, "no one dying", he wraps his arms around Sebastian, feeling the warm hands latching onto his cold ones, "I would never allow that", he muffles into Sebastian back, inhaling the honey scent.

Sebastian stares at the road ahead, mind running with possibilities about how he gonna make things work out this time, "wish Sam was here", he did not know why he said that but the stares he was getting from others were making him uncomfortable, "he always knows what to do", he adds to it, remembering how Sam helped him when he was learning skateboard and scraped his knee, smiling at that memory.

For Jasper, it was the first time hearing about Sam, the alpha of the wolf pack but the way Sebastian was radiating waves of calm and safety just by thinking about him was giving a different kind of assurance that someone will be there to protect him, to protect someone who doesn't care for his own life when it comes to his sister.

◐ ◐ ◯ ◑ ◑

The truck pulls into the Cullen's garage, Jasper was leaving no space between him and Sebastian, arms wrapped around his waist, thinking if he had never asked Sebastian to come for the baseball date but he always to see him hit, "Jasper, it wasn't your mistake, Victoria already had me once, it was a matter of time when she did it again, but", he turns in Jasper's hold, seeing his eyes staring at his lips, "but it was nice that you were with me, so don't question yourself", he moves his face closer, ghosting over the cold lips, giving him a small peck, just to assure him, wrapping his arms around his neck, enjoying how safe he felt in Jasper's arms.

The duo enters the room to see Laurent leaving, Jasper pulled Sebastian behind him, growling at the other vampire, "it's okay", Carlisle appears from behind, signaling at Jasper to calm down, "he's just leaving", Carlisle pats on Laurent back, "he was here to warn us about James and his ways", Laurents nods at Sebastian, red eyes raked over the human body in pity, from the time he had spent with James, he could tell this chase won't end nicely, someone has to die or in this case, someone has to turn.