Episode 42

Episode 42

LORD BROGAN'S POV.
***************************
Interments ...Tracy was gone, and I somehow regretted killing her ..there was a point I almost had feelings for her...she was the one that saved me from the world of my sad excuse of a marriage. The space between I and my wife was engulfing me...I was not happy. Not until that night at the auction events of one of my business associates. I saw her for the first time.. Stephanie didn't join me to go cause she had other plans. Tracy was with her friends...I had no idea  what she came there to do.
   She was sitting beside me during the Bidding, Wearing a black slit gown and smelt extremely wonderful, I wasn't a shy guy but I found myself searching for words, at that time I wasn't the type to hit on girls.
  "Why do I feel like you would rather bid on me than those expensive..Antiques or paintings.." she said to me in a sensual manner.
I smiled, it made me like her more.
"Maybe I want to...or maybe not" I replied more interested in  starting a conversation with her.
   "Then you should know... Mr Lord that Staring is Rude"
She blinked taking a sip of her drink..she knew me... interesting .I loved her grace and elegance...yes her sophistication. "I must apologize for my Rude behavior then...what must I do to get on your good side.
  She looked at me inquisitively...and gave a charming smile.." I would like that jewelry up for auction...it was worn by one of the best actresses in that wonderful movie.. called Queens..if you.. could.."
   And before I knew it...I had gotten the highest bid on her behalf and that night we created a friendship in my hotel bed.
*****
It was surprising that Denise was at her burial though...it really made me laugh...and what's fun was playing with his insecurities.
Drex knocked at the door of my office..That morning when I was feeling too good about myself. The last thing I wanted was disturbance.
  "Boss we have a problem" He Said agitatedly and handed me a News paper.
       "What the hell is this?"
I was angry...That Denise Carson has really done it. Stephanie...Gosh had she read this. I couldn't think straight, This could turn her into something else...I entered into the car and drove myself to our Main house...
I dashed into the main living room and saw her playing the Piano. She seemed like she was enjoying herself as she...played I was this close to giving a sigh of relief when I saw the same Newspaper just lying there...on the floor beside her. Here it goes...she reduced the volume of her keyboard but continued playing.
     "I was in the gym this morning... exercising with my friends...when some random woman greets me and she's like....Mrs Lord are you okay?..Have you read the news paper?.. I knew I never read the news paper...but I lied...and she was like you must be taking this really well.." she laughed, The same way she laughed whenever she mocked me.
"So I rushed and asked one of the helpers to give me the papers..."
I was silent, cause I didn't know what to say..."You should have been careful... Brogan, Ever since I met you that's the only thing you are bad at doing"
I got infuriated..."shut the hell up Steph!"
   She stopped playing and stared at me..
"Now we have a scandal... and judging from the sources, they got some real implicating evidence...and Guess what I am happy....I was never playing the reputation game with you...I was looking for a reason to leave...you know what they say about dirty secrets...no matter how you swallow them...it will surely come out from the top or the bottom."
This woman was getting on my nerves I raised my hands to hit her but then I was stopped as armed security guards surrounded me pointing their guns on me. Wow she's even got a foot alarm.
I laughed..
"Now you got men pointing guns at your husband?"
I wasn't Scared atleast I knew she wouldn't kill me.
"Husband?" She laughed. "If a Husband was a title then that's what yours would be...I knew you were f**king around... having fun..with other women I just wished you would have done a sloppy mistake and yes you did...as expected."
      She laughed resuming to her piano. "Patience is really a good thing"
I was distraught...Gosh this woman.
I asked without hiding the defeat in my voice."So what do you want to do now?"
   She glistened and turned to face me again...
"First our Divorce...then...what else do you think?"
It was at that moment I knew that..I hated Stephanie...I hated her ....I f**king hated her!"
   I turned around and left leaving the question hanging....Tracy so this was your plan, you wanted to destroy me all along. It was a personal vendetta.
   I Called Alexander.
   "Brogan, your scandal is everywhere!"
I sighed. "So you have heard too....it's not too bad though, but yes it's a crime"
Alexander asked. "Is Stephanie throwing charges?"
I reflected on that for awhile...I hated having to go to courts...the last time I did... It was because of that filthy Denise's accusations...now I had to go one more time.
   "She will...I know her, My downfall is her victory"
I replied.
"Your wife really hates you..."
"Let me call my lawyer.."
Cut.
I laughed at my self...the kind of painful laughter one would give himself whenever he realizes how stupid he was, Tracy...Tracy  Tracy! I yelled hitting my staring wheel.
At this rate I won't be able to win the elections.
      I got back to my office and Drex and his men approached me.
     "Boss, do you want us to do anything?"
I shook my head. And as they left
I picked up a cigarette, lit it and muttered under my cursing breath...
"Denise...I am sending you to hell soon....where you can stay with Tracy for the rest of eternity"
       I shut my eyes...
**Gosh the horror, every fucking news channel always wanted something or someone to talk about. I hated The news media.**