Chapter 3:Hm, how many balls would he need?

The three new listed adventurers were savoring their meal at the guild with drinks included. It just so happens that the meat they eat is of the very same toads they got yesterday. Kazuma concluded Kumagawa was right, the meat tasted really good.

They barely left alive, though. If Kumagawa wasn't there, they'd be screwed. As ironic as that was.

Kazuma:We really need new members.

Kumagawa:[Really? I thought we did pretty good.]

Kazuma:No, you did pretty good. Aqua was swallowed by a toad and I didn't even do anything. No that I could've!

Kumagawa:[Yeah, you were pretty pathethic. Not that you could be blamed. You just began the life of adventurer, are the lowest class, have average stats and have no experience in combat.]

Aqua:Hey, how about me?

Kumagawa:[That atack could be powerfull, but you used it at something with high blunt atack resistance. That was pretty dumb.]

Kazuma stared at Kumagawa. That was pretty hypocritical coming from the guy who ripped one open with brute force. Well, Aqua is a goddess, so probably stronger than the average human. But Kumagawa can contend with Medaka who destroyed the moon with physical blows, so it'd be unfair to compare his two teammates.

Kumagawa:[You're still a divine being, though. So you'd probably be best suited against demons, undead and the like.]

Aqua:Yeah, leave that to me!

Kazuma:How is the recruitment poster coming along.

Kumagawa:[Aqua-chan's condition are pretty harsh. But aesthetically, I think I did a pretty good job.]

Kazuma looked over at the poster in curiosity. It was the image of a man with flowing black hair, sharp blue nails and red snake like-eyes with the words "You can be strong forever with us".

 It was the image of a man with flowing black hair, sharp blue nails and red snake like-eyes with the words "You can be strong forever with us"

Kazuma:...Really? Kibutsuji Muzan?

Kumagawa:[It's not my fault the man got drip. I think I'd get along pretty well with him.]

Kazuma:He's a apathetic, sadistic egomaniac!

Kumagawa:[And? I was able to get along with Oudo-chan and Iihiko-chan, so it wouldn't be that hard.]

Kazuma opened his mount to respond, but closed it when nothing came out. He doesn't really have any counter argument for that.

Kazuma:Anyway, the requirments are still too high. Why only advanced classes?

Aqua:Huh? But we're advanced classes anyway.

Kazuma:But I'm not! Do you have any idea how I'll feel!? I'll be looked down upon!

Kumagawa:[Don't worry, we're already looking down on you.]

Kazuma:That's not the problem.

Their quarel was intrerupted by a chuckle. Looking at the direction of the laught they saw a petite, brown haired girl with red eyes wearing an eyepatch. Her name was Megumin.