Chapter 4:She surely is...something?

Kumagawa got left behind to support a drownsy Kazuma. He shouldn't have drank so much.

Kumagawa:[Huh, you sure have eaten a lot, I can tell this from this puddle alone.]

Kazuma:Hrghh, but you sure have your resustances maxed.

Kumagawa:[I suppose. Drinks and drugs don't really have a effect on me. I took cocaine once, I just thought it was some strange tasting flour. Well, I still prefer to take alchoholic drinks because drugs have a weird taste.]

Kazuma:...I see.

They did not get to leave the guild, however. A female knight blocked their way. She had long blonde hair tied in a ponytail and blue eyes. Her name was Darkness.

Darkness:Hello

Darkness:Hello. You are the group with the recruitment poster with the extremly handsome man, are you not.

Kumagawa:[Told you it'd catch people's attention.]

Kazuma:Yeah, I wonder why no one says anything about his eyes.

Kumagawa:[Eh, from what we know this world could very well have furries.]

Kazuma:Fair point.

Darkness:I-i...I heard there was a girl with you covered in slime!

Kumagawa:[What fake informations. What poor bastard has fun in making such ludicrious rumors. It was clearly mucus.]

Darkness:T-that's even better! Ahem, I mean that as a female knight I can't let such a thing go!

Kumagawa looked over at her blushing face. A image snapped in his head if a similarly blushing Kujira...Oh. Oh!

Kazuma was also looking at her. A feeling crepped up his back, a feeling he has from his other two teammates. Yeah, this girl was trouble.

Darkness:P-please let me join your party!

Kazuma:I refuse.

Darkness:Ooh! A direct rejection!

Darkness stepped up while moaning, which really creeped out Kazuma. Yeah, she was a masochist.

That made Kumagawa wonder if Kujira was also a masochist. She did earn for pain and misery, but that only for her to exploit her talents to the maximum. Does that count?

Kumagawa:[He's sleepy, so you can talk in the morning.]

Darkness:I see. Very well.

Darkness retreated, hoping fir new negotiations. Kazuma let out a breath of relief.

Kazuma:Thank you for the save.

Kumagawa:[I just wanted to go to my new room, really.]

Another difference between the group is that Kumagawa and Megumin actually can rent a room at inns. Well, the difference is mainly because Aqua's sleeping habits.