Chapter 5:He might've hit a new low

The group was celebrating Darkness's acceptance in the group. Kazuma found out his instict were right.

She's a crussader, one of the most physically capable classes and she certainly fit that standard. Thing that would be a great asset...if she could actually hit the target. At least she's willing to be a human shild, excited even.

At least Kumagawa and Nyx were their serving grace. Their personalities are hard to deal with, but they're much more usefull.

The King of Minuses is already easily the strongest of the group being impossible to be truly killed with the physical strenght of destroying the moon, the speed to go even faster than light and even make his move instantanous and all the possibilities he has. And he hasn't even factored his monstrous intelligence. Hell, he's pretty sure he can take care of the Demon King by himself.

The Primordial Goddess of Night is not too far behind either. Unlike Aqua, he thinks the sharp eyed girl is much more of a goddess. While Aqua seems to have some control over water, Nyx is much more advanced in her darkness manipulation. Her strenght is also second only to Kumagawa in the group and those strange requirment defense mechanism clothes are a real asset to her. The minus theoryzed that because her legend said she has control over both men and gods, she probably has hypnosis and is most likely capable of indefinetly controling any creature associated with the night, including mosters.

And there's a important rule in Medaka Box. If Kumagawa, Medaka or Najimi come up with a theory, it's sure that it's point on.

Kumagawa:[This group's shaping up to be pretty interesting.]

Kazuma:And a real pain.

Kumagawa:[Hm, I'm excited to level up and see what other skills the summoner class has. I wonder if I can summon Iihiko-chan.]

Kazuma stiffened, that was a really bad idea. That guy was scary enough in the manga. Kumagawa ignored his distress and just shruggered his shoulders in dissapointment.

Kumagawa:[The skill would probably break if I try it, though.]

Kazuma sighed in relief. Looking at the rest of the group, he gained an idea.

Kazuma:Listen up, Darkness. You too, Megumin. Though we might not look like it, the three of us are really serious about taking down the Demon King.

Darkness:The Demon King?

Kazuma:Yes, so you really should think about...

Darkness:What's there to think about!? Right, being held captive by the Demon King and put under unaginable tortures was alwais a female knight's situation. It my pleasu...I mean my duty to do that!

Kazuma:Uh, well...Megumin?

Megumin:My name is Megumin! A proud crimson demon! The Demon King dares to declare himself the strongest and supperior to us! I shall show that fool true power through my invincible explosion magic!

Kazuma:That's...

He looked at Kumagawa for help, but the minus was just eating his food. He was not really surprised by the development of the situation.

Kumagawa:[Invincible, huh?]

Her explosion magic is powerfull without a doubt, he won't deny that. But there are still equipments that can protect people from it, Nyx's clothes for an example. Even without any equipment, there are still people that can tank it. Him, Medaka, Najimi, Hanten, Iihiko, Gagamaru, Kudou, Zenkichi, he's pretty sure Shigusa's also able to tank it. Kei could too, albeit with a little more damage taken.

His line of thoughts were cut short by a emergency alarm. Luna's voice was heard through some kind of speaker.

Luna:Attention! Attention! All adventurers are required to come in front of Axel!

Kumagawa:[Hm?]

As they arrived, Kumagawa looked around. There really have come all adventurers.

Kumagawa:[What's this?]

Nyx:Maybe a monster atack?

Darkness:No. Surely, this is...

Aqua:It's the harvest!

All the people around cheered, confusing the otherworlders. Looking ahead they saw living, flying cabbages approaching at high speed.

Kazuma:Flying...cabbages?

Nyx:This place sure is strange, master...Master?

Looking at the silent Kumagawa, there was no noticeable change at his mannerism. But his eyes looked like he was dead inside.

This is what he came to? Is this how low he has become? From the strongest minus to a overglorified farmer? Najimi would be dissapointed in him. He thinks even Medaka would would avoid looking at him in the eyes, althrough she'd try to console him.

Kumagawa:[...Let's just this get over it.]

Megumin:Additionally, the cabbages have a high value and gives quiet a lot of points.

Kumagawa:[Really? At least I could unlock a new skill.]

The entrance of the town became a battle ground. Although ridiculous looking, those cabbages were quiet agressive.

Darkness was taking the hits of cabbage after cabbage, breaking her armor. Adventurers cherred and admired her dedication. Meanwhile, Kazuma was giving the masochistic knight the most dry stare he had even mustered in his life.

The town's only summoner ad his contracted goddess were doing, by far the best of everyone. Their abilities were weirdly usefull for this as Nyx could use her darkness to form whips, ensnaring the cabbages and trapping them in darkness nets, while Kumagawa found it quiet easy to pin diwn the cabbages with his screws.

Things were going quiet well, all things considered. Kumagawa has advanced the most out of everyone. Kazuma was looking ahead where he was, but got strattled when he heard a certain chant.

Megumin:Darker than black, darker than darkness, combine with my intense crimson. Time to wake up, descend to these borders and appear as an intangible distortion. Dance, dance, dance! May a destructive force flood my torrent of power, a destructive force like no other! Send all creation to its source! Come out of your abyss! Humanity knows no other more powerful offensive technique! It is the ultimate magical attack! Explosion!

Kazuma:Wait, Megumin!

But it was too late, the great explosive power hit the cabbage army like a flood. Megumin widened her eyes and started to sweat when she realized what she had done. She just hit Kumagawa point blank with her magic!

Megumin:I-I-I...

She was not the mist affected, though. Nyx stared emptily at the dusted are, her fist clentched and her aura flaring up. Her look was the definition of death, which made Megumin to gulp in fear.

This all stopped when they heard the sound of shoes stepping on the ground, however. Kumagawa stepped out of the dust cloud, a little dirty from the ash but alright in the rest.

Nyx changed her mood immediatly and flyed at high speed to hug her master. Although unused to such emotional contact, Kumagawa didn't retaliate.

Kazuma sighed, knowing it was stupid of him to worry. Even without the use of All Fiction he still survived Iihiko's blows, which were able to destroy virtually anything, no way that explosion would do him in in.

Kumagawa:[Boy, is it hard to breath there.]