𝟎𝟐𝟕.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

027. ❝ to going full kook
it's not that i don't want you

          "𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ladies and gentleman," John B said as we all boarded. "To going full Kook."

It was too early for my personal taste, yet we had decided to go out early to have dead calm. But just looking up into the grey sky it was apparent that we had maybe not chosen the right day for this.

I hated myself for it, but I was wearing Rafe's navy blue sweatshirt since it was extremely warm.

Or that's what I told myself.

I sat down next to JJ at the helm of the boat, watching him steer toward the spot marked with an X.

The spot where 500 Million Dollars worth of gold would be lying. 

"All right JJ, we're right over it," John B yelled from outside. "Ten seconds northwest."

"Got it! Ten seconds northwest," JJ shouted back, starting to steer the ship.

Kiara started shouting the numbers of how much rope was below water.

"Can you imagine us being richer than any of the other Kooks here on this island?" I asked JJ as the boat pulled me from one end to the other.

He gave me a small smile. "That's the dream Stells."

"Four hundred feet!" Kiara yelled.

The sky was tinted in a dark grey as the thunder rumbled in the sky. "I think the tide's turning." The waves hit the side of the boat, making the boat rock even more.

We really did a hell of a job choosing a dead calm.

"Hey JJ?"

"Yup?"

"Ten seconds easy. South-southeast. Copy that! JJ, 20 seconds mid-speed, all right? South."

"Copy that! Aye, aye."

"Come on."

"Keep the tether out of the prop!" Pope yelled since the storm was reaching ear-deafening levels.

"I'm trying!"

"JJ, keep going!" The thunder wouldn't stop rumbling, as our boat continuously rocked.

"John B, is that good?"

"We're good!"

"Okay, 700 feet!"

The thunder crashed, making me flinch as I held on for dear life.