𝟎𝟑𝟓.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

035. ❝ again there was no response
because i'm pretty when i cry

          "𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐒? 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄?" his voice slightly cracked, whilst he made his way towards me, wiping his nose with his thumb and forefinger. 

"I need to talk to you," I couldn't hold back the tears as I sunk into his arms.

"So this is Mrs. Country Club?" a strong-accented voice behind Rafe spoke.

Rafe and I simultaneously turned to look at Barry, who looked back at us with a grin. "Barry. Not now."

A faint laugh was audible, while Rafe took me away from the porch onto the littered lawn.

"What is wrong?"

The softness in his words made me even sadder. It made it evermore unfathomable that this was the person they wanted me to stay away from.

"The Pogues—" I choked out, my eyes filling with more tears.

Rafe didn't take his eyes away from me, instead, he placed his hands on the back of my neck.

"They found out," the tears were now streaming down my face uncontrollably as I tried to suppress a sob.

"Hey, hey," he wiped my cheeks. "Please don't cry. That'll make me cry and I'll lose all my street cred."

A quiet laugh left my lips, which he returned.

"They made me choose, between them or you."

His entire demeanour tensed, and his eyes grew worried. He was afraid of my decision. Unsure of what choice I had made and hoe it'd impact us.

"I chose you," his shoulders slightly dropped and a relieved smile appeared on his face.

"I've got you Barrington."

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

My mind was cloudy as my head leaned on Rafe's chest, which rose and fell with every laugh.

A sound which filled my heart with warmth and content, as it was a genuine laugh, a beautiful one at that.

"Country Club, how did your J. Crew looking ass bag Tyler's lil sister anyway?" Barry passed me back the blunt.