𝟎𝟑𝟖.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ contains mentions of suicide ]
038. ❝ what am i supposed to think?
— all the pretty stars shine for you, my love —

𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 and I was soaked in sweat. Still, I felt cold throughout my entire body as the sun shone upon me through the window of the Dodge Challenger.

Every breath was slow and my chest pained me, as I pulled my legs closer toward me. Goosebumps spread across my body and out of the corner of my eye I spotted Rafe's watchful eye giving me a concerned look.

"Don't worry Cameron, I must have caught a cold somehow," I sent him a weak smile.

He stopped the car, angling his body so he was able to face me. "I sure hope so," his voice was strained, as he averted his gaze to the house before us. "Anyway, this is it."

It was massive with a big balcony and what looked like a two-car garage.

Rafe didn't hesitate and immediately stepped out of the car and grabbed my bags from the boot, before opening the door for me and closely following me.

I pressed my hand on my forehead, pulling my face in agony. A shaky breath escaped my mouth as Rafe unlocked the door and ushered me in. "First things first, you take a hot bath and I'll go get some groceries and medicine probably."

"You have no idea, how much I appreciate this."

Rafe looked at me, stunned by my statement. "It's no—"

"Yes, it is. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate it."

Rafe gave me a small nod, before leading me through the house to the bedroom. The bed was not made and the nightstand had a bong and a book lying on it. In the corner of the room was a marine blue duffel bag that had clothes bursting out of it.

Gently he placed my bag on the ground, before leading me further down the hall toward the bathroom. "Ok, here."

The sound of water hitting the tub echoed throughout the room. "Here are towels," he placed a stack of the towels on the stand next to the bathtub. "And here are all the soaps that Mr. Culvert owns. Will you be alright from here on out?"

I dipped my hand into the water of the bathtub, which was slightly too hot. "Yes, I've got it from here."

Rafe nodded briefly. "Alright then, I'll be right back."

As soon as the door fell into its lock, I peeled out of my clothes and let myself sink into the steaming hot water.

My throat was sore and the headache hadn't subsided in the slightest. This is most definitely the shittiest I have ever felt in my life. I leaned my head back on the cold porcelain-enameled steel of the bathtub, inhaling the scent of one of the soaps. My eyes were droopy and the aching through my entire body was still prominent.