𝟎𝟑𝟎.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

030. ❝ so talk
toss your dirty shoes in my washing machine heart

          𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 my red cheeks as I looked down. My vision was blurry and my lip trembled, as the loud voices of my parents spoke upon me.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!? DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS ARE!?"

My eyes met the venomous green eyes of my mother. "CLEARLY YOU WEREN'T!"

"Mom," I fiddled with the end of my brown shorts. "I'm sorry."

"YOU BETTER BE!"

Behind me stood Tyler leaning against the kitchen table. His head was turned down, as he listened to my mother.

Dad was standing next to her, his gaze moving through the room, never landing on me.

His disappointment was apparent.

A sob escaped my mother's lips. "You've ruined us. WE ARE RUINED!"

The room went silent.

This was the first time it had been said out loud.

Everybody knew that we weren't on the best financial terms, yet everybody seemed to pretend it wasn't happening.

I was the reason for their downfall, for our downfall.

"HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO PAY TYLER'S LIVING EXPENSES AT WASHINGTON!?"

I turned to Tyler, who put his hands on my shoulder, yet didn't look back at me.

Dad spoke up. "Stella, why did you do it?" his voice was soft, confusion being mixed with disappointment.

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. The truth wouldn't help, nor would a lie.

"So you ruined us for no reason?" my mother let out a laugh, before pressing the palms of her hands against her eyes. Her back was turned toward me, but I could still see her shoulders tremble.

"Mom, I'll pay—" before I could even finish my sentence I felt the force of a cold hand on my cheek.

My head swung to the left and a throbbing pain erupted on my now even redder cheek.