|79| memento mori

memento mori: remember that you'll die

I've got this inked on my wrist, I let it guide most decisions I make. what will I do if I leave life right now?

will I send that boy another hello before he finally replies? why not? If I'm dying tonight, why take all this ego to the grave?

so I send the boy another hello. the boy replied, of course he replied I sent him 2 hellos.

I keep sending hellos, the boy keeps replying, until one day he doesn't.

and it's okay that the boy doesn't reply. I gave it my best shot. it's okay at least I have no regrets. it's okay but why is my chest aching? why do my arms feel numb? why has it been 5 hours and I haven't moved from bed? Why has it been 10 days and i haven't moved still?

memento mori.

I'll die with no regrets, but what about all this pain that has taken residence inside me? Regret or pain, there's no one right answer.

memento vivere: remember that you're alive.

you're alive and you are the most important thing you have. you've built yourself from scratch, remember that.
you have time, not a lot, but you have some time. make that count, make the best out of it, but time to time, hug yourself and tell yourself it's okay. you didn't try your best, but you tried enough.