||24|| Our Tsundere Grandpa

_____________________

"WE'RE HERREEE!!" Dad yelled.

Yes. I know. no need to shout.

"The air is really refreshing here!"
"It's really been a while huh?" Mom said.

We rode a train for an hour and a half, Then had a two hour flight, then back on a train for another two hours, and then rode the bus for 45 minutes.

I am not going to use math to solve that. do it yourself.

We came to the boonies. the fucking BOONIES.

Anyways, you're probably thinking about why we came here, we came here because our grandparents live here.

We came to visit because Kusuo and I are on spring break. 

Mom looked over at dad who was- praying?
"What are you doing honey?"
"I'm just thanking this land for nurturing a beautiful and kind woman like you. :)"
"Oh stop it honey!" Mom said with a smile.
"Anyway, this place is really far, let's get Y/n and Kusuo to teleport us back." dad suggested. (more like assumed we were going to actually do that.)
"We can't, my parents don't know about their powers!"

"Besides, a long journey can be fun especially when it's with your family!" She continued.

"That's true- hm? Y/N?!?? KUSUO?!?!?" Dad looked at Kusuo and I who had just teleported to where they were.

"We just went home to get our gloves and scarves."  I reply. "It's cold."
"You're spoiling the mood here you know." Dad whispered under his tongue.

...

"We're home!!" Mom exclaimed.

"Welcome! Wow, Kusuo and Y/n have grown!"

That's our grandma, Kumi Saiki.
"Wow Mom! You look as young as ever!" Dad complimented.
"Oh Kuniharu, you flatterer!"

She's over 60 but most people think she's in her 40s because of how young she looks.
By the way, about the name 'Saiki,' my mom's last name was also Saiki too. My parents happened to have the same last names, but dad said...

"We were destined to be together even before we were born."
So I thought, damn. I guess Satou's  have destined ones all over the place. 

'Are you stupid?' Kusuo thought.

-
Well anyway, our grandma is a nice person.
"Honey!! Kurumi and the others are here!!" Kumi said.

The real pain here is the other grandparent.

"It's so noisy that I can't even read this newspaper." He bluntly said.

That's our grandpa Kumagorou.

"Long time no see, Dad!" Mom said happily.
"Don't bother coming all the way here if you don't have anything important to do." He coldly replied.

"Oh, I know you don't mean that!" Mom teased. "By the way, Kusuo and Y/n came too, It's been a while right?"

Unlike our cheerful and kind grandmother, this guy is quiet and unfriendly.

"eh. you two have grown." He said, barely looking away from the newspaper.

He's quite difficult. He really hates dad. By 'Hate' I mean as much as Natsu and Gray. yup. a lot.

...
"So how long can you stay? Do you have to go home tomorrow?" Grandma asked. We were all sitting at the table.

"Hmm, let's see...." Mom said as she thought.

'Stay longer please... LIVE HERE..' Grandpa thought.
"Maybe we'll take it easy here for a couple of days."
'YESS!!'

"YAHOOOOOOOO!!" I heard a shout of glee come from another room. the one grandpa was sitting alone in, eavesdropping on us.

I mean- if you want to talk with us, just do it..

"Yahoo?" Grandma asked herself.

"ALL RIGHTTT! LET'S GOO!!! THREE NIGHTS! THREE NIGHTS!! Im gonna spoil them with my saved-up pension money!!" Dad said to himself.

"Oh wait- sorry!" Dad said, "I thought we'd only stay one night so I only took two days off."
"Then we're going home tomorrow after all!" Mom said.

'My life... is.. over..'

"Well, his mood changed quite quickly." Kusuo commented.

"It's hard to take days off, so...."
"Well, I could take more days off but won't that be a bother to them?"

"I don't wanna cause your dad any trouble either." Dad whispered.

Just then, Grandpa walked into the room.
"Ah, Hey dad!" Mom said cheerfully.
"I Just came to get the paper."

"Say, we want to stay for a couple of days, would that be a problem?" Mom asked.

Grandpa's Pov:
Now's your chance!

'Tell them kumagorou! tell them! All you have to do is tell them to stay for 3 years.
Be brave!

"Hmph. do what you want."

"Thanks!!"

YESSSSS!!

Well... That's the most affection we're going to see from him today.

✿.。.:* ☆:**:.*.:**:.☆*.:。.✿