8.*

As I sat on my bed with my legs crossed just looking out the window

As I sat on my bed with my legs crossed just looking out the window. Los Angeles is quite beautiful at night. My view had buildings lit up and palm trees everywhere. It's relaxing. It relaxes me. After my little mental breakdown at Zayn's gym, he kept apologizing, and I told him it wasn't his fault and that I forgave him. Harry and I didn't talk at all the whole car ride. When we got back to his house, I went straight upstairs, not wanting to talk to anyone. I needed to be by myself.

I was trying to piece everything together. How the fuck did Carter find me? And how did he know that I'd be at Zayn's gym?

I mean, there's a thing called the internet, Arielle. My thoughts scolded me, making me scoff out loud.

Am I going crazy? Or just plain insane for thinking out loud?

I just don't get it. Why me? Why would he take my virginity in that way? He wasn't a man, no. He was a man child. A big coward. That is who he was.

What did I ever see in him?

A knock at my door startled me and it opened, revealing Harry.

I looked at him with such admiration. A man who barely knows me, saved me from Carter, takes such good care of me, makes sure that I'm eating and is proud that I'm his.

But, I wasn't going to be a play toy to him. Nope.

"Hi there, sweetheart. How're you doing?" He asked me, coming into the room and sat down on the bed. I just shrugged, and turned my head back to the window.

"Pretty innit? That's what I love about LA. It's so peaceful and quiet." My lips curled up into a side smile, nodding along to what he was saying.

"S'il te plaît, dis-moi ce qui se passe dans ta jolie tête de bébé." He said, coming closer, then rested his head on my crossed legs. I looked down at him while he just smiled cutely.

I sighed softly. "Pourquoi moi?" I asked and just continued talking, while running my nails through his now short hair. He got his haircut yesterday after everything that happened.

"Je ne sais pas, chérie. Mais je promets de trouver Carter et de le tuer, Ari. Croyez-moi?"

I nodded slowly. "Yes. Yes, I trust you." Harry grabbed my hand, kissing my palm softly and we just sat in silence. It was nice. I haven't felt this comfortable with anyone. Harry made me feel comfortable around him. Never had that type of male security besides from my pa, of course. I wanted to stay like this for as long as he would let me.

******

After Harry and I had dinner, we had done our night routines and went off into our rooms, but before I got the chance to close my bedroom door, Harry's hand was pressed on it, looking down on me, giving me a soft smile.

"We'll be alright, yeah? You'll be okay?" He asks me with a worried voice in his tone. I nodded my head slowly.

"Yes, I'll be okay." I replied and he gave me one last smile, then walked off.