seven

Korean Language classes had always bored the life out of Kim Taehee, not because she struggled to understand the topic, anything but. She naturally excelled in the subject, and due to this would always finish the fastest, remaining stoic in her seat with nothing else to do as her peers would finish the task.

It was at times like this she thanked the Lord that she was seated at the very back of the classroom, able to stare at the back of the heads of her classmates without them ever knowing, in particular, a certain blond.

Her fingers unconsciously reached for her lips, which had returned to their normal pink hue over the weekend after the kiss.

The kiss.

She could still feel the adrenaline just thinking about it. The way his hands had dropped all the way to her waist, pulling her in, demanding more contact. The way her own fingers had grappled for the blond locks that she had always wanted to touch. 

Her cheeks burned at the thought, at the possibility of doing it again. God, she wanted it again, of course she did, but the question that flitted through her mind was far greater than her desire for Park Jimin's lips on hers.

What would happen next?

The sharp ring of the bell errupted throughout the classroom, indicating the end of classes for the morning and the beginning of lunch.

"And don't forget your homework that is due in the following week!" The class's Korean Language teacher drilled before the class bowed, beginning their chatter and exit to the cafeteria.

"Sometimes, I want to really scream in that woman's face," Hanna grumbled as the pair made their way to the cafeteria, lining up for their food. "Can she get any more annoying?"

Mrs Yoo had always been quite eccentric. The woman had a high-pitched voice, dressed in bright colours only and had a habit of speaking to everyone like they were five years old. That didn't stop her from twirling her ringlets in front of Jimin and Taehyung though, and whilst the boys did have their fun by playing along, they never crossed the line.

After the two students had received their trays, they settled upon a corner table, overlooking the sun-dappled grounds where everyone would soon go to after lunch.

"I have something to tell you," Taehee mumbled, her voice as low as it could possibly get. She couldn't let anyone else, especially her brother, know about the events of Friday night.

"Go on,"

"Jimin kissed me,"

Tak Hanna choked, her eyes widening in complete shock as she chugged down the bottle of water on her tray. Once she had finished coughing, she turned back to the Kim, who sunk in her seat, cheeks painted pink in slight embarrassment.

"Oh my God," The taller of the girls whispered. "Why didn't you text me? Why did you tell me now?"

"I figured it would be more... entertaining to tell you at school. Besides, I'm a terrible texter, you of all people should know that," 

Hanna stared in disbelief at the female Kim who looked unfazed, the pink on her cheeks fading as she ate her food without any particular interest. Her eyes then flitted towards the boy himself, surrounded by members of the basketball team, his eyes crinkled into crescents as he smiled.

"Was he a good kisser?" The Tak girl asked, munching on her apple. "And be honest. You can't just say he was just because you like him,"

"Amazing," Taehee mumbled. "That may have been my first kiss, but it was definitely the best. No wonder the girls say he's good,"

"Plus, he's had all them girls to improve his technique over the years," Hanna softened as the smaller girl groaned, her hands upon her head. 

He had taken the liberty of stealing her first kiss, but for him, this was just one in between so many others.

"I don't know what to do, Han-Han," She admitted. "We've always been friends, but this changes so many things! Are we friends? Are we more than friends? What does he want?"

"Nuh-uh, the question should be what do you want?" Hanna waggled her finger, almost like a stern mother teaching her daughter the ways of the big, wide world. "You need to put yourself first in this, Kim Taehee. We might all be friends, but I don't quite trust him,"

"Who said I trust him?" Taehee's eyes skimmed the form of the Park boy who was chatting animatedly to her brother and a boy in one of the younger years.

"What I want is him, but I don't know if that's something that I'll get wholeheartedly,"