eighteen

Three weeks passed relatively quickly and it wasn't long until the four friends were once again together, this time at the home of Park Jimin.

A drama played in the background, the adults digging in to the takeaway food that they'd purchased, far too tired to cook. 

The distinct smell of fried chicken drifted through the air, Hanna was already on her third, Taehee finishing the remainders of her second. The boys were munching upon their fourth, and each of them rubbed their stomachs in pure delight.

There was nothing better than fried chicken and alcohol on a Friday night.

"I forgot to ask," Taehyung paused from his eating, turning towards his sister. "You, and that Jo Seunghyeol, how's it going?"

Taehee finished her food before opening her mouth to speak, thinking carefully. "Well, we met up a few weeks ago, and I really like him. But, we haven't put a label on it quite yet, it's still to early to tell if we both want a relationship or if this is just friendship,"

"But you want a relationship," Hanna pointed out, taking a shot of soju. "I mean, that's why you were going on all those blind dates anyway,"

"That is true," The Kim girl agreed. "But, I want to take things slow. I don't want to rush,"

"You know what you want," It was Jimin's turn to speak. "So ultimately it's your decision to make. If at the end of the day, you just want to be friends with that guy, then so be it,"

The statement earned the blue-gray-haired boy a smile from the elder of the twins, something which he relished, grinning at the butterflies that fluttered in his stomach. "I'm going to put these away,"

"I'll help," The said girl who made him feel such ways propelled herself upwards, taking the cartons and a few empty bottles, following the Park boy into the kitchen.

"Is he good to you?" He asked quietly as she began to wash plates.

"He's sweet, yes," Taehee felt her own heart pound slightly as the boy she'd once had the deepest crush on slowly came forwards.

It felt as though time was repeating itself. Only five years ago were they in a kitchen, after having played Truth or Dare. He had been blond back then, holding up the girl's beloved diary with some sort of truimph. And she had grabbed it out of his hands before they'd ended up kissing.

She didn't know whether that was what she wanted right now.

"Tell me, Taehee," Jimin had come so close that the medical student was pressed up against the kitchen island, her hands still wet, the tap running in the background. "Tell me if he's as sweet as I could be,"

"Was you being sweet what happened five years ago?" She whispered and whilst the comment had startled the business graduate, he did not let it show upon his face. They had promised to never bring it up again.

"Five years ago," His breath fanned her lips, dark eyes meeting hers. "I was a fool who took you for granted. My mind was clouded by lust, freedom and whatever my hormonal mind was thinking of. I've changed,"

She tilted her head, inches between their lips. "Prove it," She murmered.

"Oh, I will. But first,"

Taehee had never quite forgotten the taste of Park Jimin's lips. He had been her first and yet the best of all kisses she'd ever had. Fire, lust, ecstasy and pure adoration glided through her veins, and the pair forgot that their best friends were in the room just a few meters away, their hands reaching for each other, forms melting into one.

How they had desired each other for five years.

When oxygen became apparent, Taehee drew away, cheeks flushed red, her hair slightly messy from where Jimin's hands had tangled them. The Park boy was no better, lips swollen slightly pink, his own hair ruffled.

"If you're going to prove it," She breathed, still slightly shocked at what had happened. "Then do it the right way,"