twelve

One month passed by like it was nothing, and as the pleasantly warm spring season shifted into a hot summer's day, the overall mood of the population changed greatly.

Most were visibly happier, lighter in their hearts as they travelled to work, went to school, eager to enjoy the sunlight. 

Taehee was never one to go outside, but even she couldn't help smile at the weather, finishing her homework in the garden, her mother, Cha Hyeri, catching up on some sunbathing.

It was a rare occasion for the twins' parents to go on a break. Often, they were far too busy for even just weekend off, but when they did receive a small holiday, Hyungmin and Hyeri were determined to spend it with their beloved children.

The boys had apparently gone shopping, and whilst they had invited the two females to join them, the mother-daughter duo had politely refused, wanting some time together.

"So," Her mother wiggled her eyebrows. "A little birdy told me that you and Jimin are dating? How cute!"

"I'm guessing the little birdy was Taehyung," The older Kim said dryly, not looking up from her textbook, frowning as she scribbled a note onto the page.

"No, actually. It was Hanna, I saw her a few days ago at the grocery store and we chatted for a bit," The Cha woman grinned. "You know, I always wanted to see the two of you together as a couple. Even Hyungmin admits it, and you know how much your father hates the idea of you dating,"

"Does Dad know?"

"Of course not! But I think he would be more approving if you dated Jimin. I mean, he is Taehyung's best friend, and he trusts him,"

Taehee looked up from her homework, meeting the eyes of her mother. Perhaps the only problem with their parents being at work constantly was the fact that they didn't quite understand everything that happened at school.

"You do realise that Tae sees a multitude of girls at the same time, right? And Park Jimin is exactly the same. I know I'm dating him, but even I was wary of the whole relationship and I was the one who wanted it,"

Cha Hyeri stared hard at her daughter. Most people argued that the twins took after their father, his spitting image, just a few small differences. But what they failed to notice was their personalities were so similar to their mother, that it was very easy to miss.

And God, was Kim Taehee just like her mother.

"You are afraid," She raised an eyebrow, finally understanding where the girl was coming from. "You think that despite being in this currently happy relationship, either you or him is going to mess it up,"

"You should quit being a doctor and become a mentalist instead," The younger female muttered. "But yes, you're correct,"

"The two of you are the ones in this relationship," Her mother said wisely. "Ultimately your actions will decide your consequences, it rests upon the both of you to make the correct choices,"

"Or a therapist. Maybe you should try a hand at that,"

...

Park Jimin's parties were always extravagant. They were always a maddive deal in the school, and there was a strict criteria as to who could come. First off, only the current seniors (essentially, Jimin's year group) and the year directly below them were allowed the join the festivites from their school. The next invited guests were specific groups of some older students with whom the boy had been friends with when they were still in high school.

So as the blond haired boy marched his way down the stairs, narrowly dodging a couple who were making it out, it was no surprise to him as many reached out, greeting the Park boy, waving, smiling, saying their compliments.

By the kitchen, drinks were laid out, some were taking shots, others playing games. The living room was infested with dancers, most of them in the basketball team. 

Jimin spied his best friend on the couch, Tak Hanna on his lap, and he registered them to be simply talking. That made him chuckle, Kim Taehyung never just chatted with his girls, he'd go straight for the kill. 

But apparently Tak Hanna was different.

The blond haired boy could not see his own girlfriend anywhere, but the alcohol in his system questioned why he should care. It wasn't as though he was her guardian angel, he wasn't going to be there for her for everything.

The alcohol within him had flooded his brain, every sober part of him had been replaced with drunkeness, and as he stumbled into the garden, his eyes fell upon a familiar girl.

"Hey Jimin," The girl twirled a strand of her hair around her finger. "You really do throw the best parties,"

"Lee Yejin," He faintly mumbled. One of his old partners. "I'm Park Jimin. Of course I throw the best parties,"

"I thought you wouldn't throw one this year, considering that you'd settled down with a girl and all," Yejin continued, stepping closer to the blond.

"Why would that stop me?"

"I mean, you seem like a bird trapped in a cage. I know how much you value your liberty, and being in a relationship with that girl doesn't seem to be doing you any favours,"

"Kim Taehee," He whispered, his eyelids slowly drooping. He shouldn't have drunk that much. "Her name's Kim Taehee, not 'that girl',"

"Whatever," The Lee girl leaned in so that their lips were only inches apart. "Nothing stops Park Jimin from having fun, right? So don't stop this,"

And suddenly, her lips were upon his, and whilst he could agree that the kiss wasn't as enjoyable as he remembered it to be with his girlfriend, he made no effort to stop it.

And as the blond-haired boy filled out his lust, a certain Kim girl watched from afar, listening to her heart shatter into a million pieces.