sixteen

FIVE YEARS LATER

"Oh, God, I'm turning 23 in under a month," Tak Hanna took a long drag of her shot of soju, staring rather depressed at the hotpot in front of her. Her horrified expression was pure amusement to the people she called her friends, as they sniggered.

Tak Hanna had aged beautifully. Her once waist-long hair had been shortened to her shoulders, but her eyes still contained the same mischevious glint as they had so many years prior.

"Imagine being old!" Her boyfriend, Kim Taehyung giggled, but the man's playful expression faltered when Hanna shot him a glare.

The youngest of the Kim twins had grown to be even more handsome than he was. He looked as though he'd come straight out of a K-drama, his dark, fluffy hair and deep voice drawing in both men and women, yet, he remained loyal to one woman only.

"Don't remind me," Taehee sighed. "Only five years ago, we were in our senior year,"

The oldest of the Kim twins had changed a quite a bit, yet, she still held the same beauty that she'd had all those years ago. Her hair was a little shorter, but apart from that, she'd matured into a stunning young woman.

"It feels like just yesterday," Park Jimin nodded. His hair had been dyed multiple times over the last few years, and currently, he had settled upon a gorgeous blue-gray colour that enhanced his features.

"Sometimes, I wish I could go back, you know? Just to see myself again," Hanna muttered. "All of us in high school were completely insane,"

"But it was fun," Taehee grinned. "Do you rememer playing hide-and-seek on the last day, and Miss Lee found us and told us off,"

The group roared into laughter, tears in their eyes as fond memories engulfed them. 

Oh, how they could be teenagers again.

"God, we just wanted to grow up, go to college, and get jobs," Taehyung shook his head. "What were we thinking?"

"We never quite grasped the concept of adulthood being so draining," Jimin huffed.

Despite their complaints about adulthood, none of them could ever deny that they weren't comfortable.

Jimin and Taehyung both worked in one of the most prestigious companies in all of Korea after studying business management for a length of time. Hanna too had opened her own business, teaching young children and teenagers taekwondo. Taehee had only one more year left until she received her medical degree and the woman was currently interning in one of the nation's prized hospitals.

"Anyways," Hanna wiggled her eyebrows to the Kim girl. "How was that blind date you went on?"

"You went on a blind date?" Jimin and Taehyung both spoke at the same time, shocked expressions.

"Yeah, I mean, it's not like I'm getting any younger and I want to date someone for a bit," Taehee shrugged. "It wasn't bad per as to say, but it could have gone better. I didn't really like how narcissistic he was, couldn't get a word in,"

"My sister's got a friend who's currently single," Her best friend offered. "I could ask her to set you two up?"

"He'd better be good," Tahee warned. "I don't want to waste my time, Han-Han,"

"He's cute, you'll like him," The Tak woman promised.

As the conversation shifted onto many other topics, Park Jimin found himself staring at the woman opposite him. She'd always looked beautiful, even when they'd been young, but he'd never quite appreciated how infatuating she was now as an adult.

He'd kept his secret quiet for nearly 4 years, he had let nothing slip, promising after their break up to be firmly good friends.

Despite returning to his playboy days after the break up between him and Taehee, he'd stopped dating in college. He wasn't particularly interested in any of the women he worked with.

Only one woman kept his interest.

Kim Taehee.