thirteen

The ground seemed to tremble beneath Kim Taehee's feet as she could not tear her eyes away from the scene that slowly developed in front of her.

She had gone to the bathroom to relieve herself from all her drinking, before deciding to relax in the garden, when she had spotted her boyfriend. 

Who had all the company he needed.

She'd seen Lee Yejin kiss him first, so that part didn't considerably matter to her, but what broke her the most was the fact that the blond made no effort to pull away from the contact. Instead, he leaned deeper into it, his hands roaming down the Lee girl's hips, getting tangled in her hair.

Where they had always gone whenever he kissed Taehee.

Bile rose up in her throat, and a small choke indicated her presence, tears welling up in her eyes as she stared at Park Jimin, hard, the blond boy horrified at the witness.

"Taeh-"

"We are finished," The older of the Kim twins spat, fury etched across her face, tears flowing dow her cheeks, staining her mascara and eyeliner that she had spend quite a while on perfecting.

Her hips swayed as she returned to the interior of the large home, ignoring some of the curious glances she received from those who were more sober than drunk.

She found her best friend in the arms of her brother, closer than she though they would ever become.

At least some of them had found happiness tonight.

Her hands delved into the pocket in her figure-hugging dress, pulling out her phone as she pressed her twin's contact.

He picked up after three bells.

"Tae? Where are you? I haven't seen you all nig- "

"I was in the garden," She interrupted, making sure that her voice did not betray her. "I just wanted to say that I'm going home,"

"Don't like the party?"

"I'm just tired,"

"Do you want me to come with?"

The girl looked over at her brother who looked extremely comfortable where he was, and she realised with a jolt that 'the one' the boy had been talking about all those months ago, was in fact Tak Hanna. She couldn't possibly take that away from him.

"No it's okay, I'll just call a taxi,"

"You better stay safe. If something seems weird then just call me. And when you get home, text me with something that only you know, just so that I know you're safe,"

"Alright, alright, I will," She could not help but chuckle at Taehyung's protectiveness, but she couldn't blame him. A young girl walking out and about at night was not the safest thing in the world.

...

"You came home early, how was the party?"

Kim Hyungmin was the only one awake at one o'clock in the morning. The man's sleeping schedule had been ruined long before, his duties as a doctor meant that would often have to make emergency trips to the hospital, even in the stillness of night.

"I wouldn't exactly call this early, Dad," Tahee smiled, gratefully taking a cup of coffee from her father. Her mother was apparently asleep.

"Well normally, you don't return until morning. Was it that bad? I thought Jimin's parties were supposed to be the best,"

At the mention of her now ex boyfriend, a scowl made its way onto Taehee's face, something her father spotted.

"Tae, what happened?" Kim Hyungmin was careful with his words, but his tone was stern. He needed to know what had angered his daughter.

"Did Mum tell you about - about Jimin?" She asked.

"No... why?" At her silence, the father realised the beginning of the situation. "You two are dating, aren't you!"

"Past tense now," She scoffed sadly. "He was perfect for like three months, Dad. And then I go to this party and he ruins everything by kissing some other girl!"

Now, as a father hearing these words from his daughter, Kim Hyungmin was of course furious with the blond-haired boy whom his child had entrusted her feelings to. But he was a doctor, and doctors were rational, sensible.

"Did you end everything there and then?" He asked, earning a nod from the girl. "You go back to school on Monday. Talk to him, understand what happened. Read his emotions, sweetheart and see what the kiss with the other girl meant to him,"

"I don't know what it meant, but I do know that he liked it!" The Kim girl hissed. "He didn't pull away, Dad, he just kept going..."

Her voice trailed off as she felt something stuck in her throat, and the waterworks had once again sprung to life.

Hyungmin softened, pulling the young one into an embrace. God, how he'd forgotten teenage drama.

"You'll be okay, Tae, you'll be okay,"