ten

Park Jimin had messed up.

To be perfectly honest, he messed up quite the number of things, like forgetting to end things with one girl before moving onto the next, or letting slip the date of his grandmother's birthday and how they were supposed to be holding a party for the 83 year old woman.

But he had never expected to mess up his friendship with Taehee.

He'd always had some sort of admiration, a secret soft spot for the twin sister of his best friend, even as children when they would laugh and scream and cry. 

Whilst 5 year old Taehyung had pointed and sniggered at his sister falling off the swing, Jimin would melt and be the gentleman to help her up.

When 11 year old Taehee had struggled to wrap a birthday present for her brother, Jimin had kindly offered his services.

They had grown up together, and Jimin could not see the now 17 year old girl not a part in his life.

He'd always known his attraction to the older Kim was dangerous, particularly if the younger one found out. But when their lips had met all those weeks ago, Jimin had felt something compelling shoot through his veins.

And when he had reassured the panicking girl that their secret was safe, he'd felt as though he was commiting a sin.

A sin too good to stop.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

The blond jumped slightly in his seat, startled as his best friend chuckled, sliding into the seat opposite him, eyeing the food upon his tray.

The cafeteria was bustling with both students and teachers, most of them speeding their digestion, eager to relax in the glorious summer's day.

"Women," The Park boy muttered, carefully choosing his words. "Women really confuse me,"

"Don't get me started," Taehyung shook his head. "Take Tak Hanna for instance. When we're alone, we're civil, actually nice with each other, then she's with Tae, and she turns into an absolute nightmare,"

"But you like it when she mocks you," The blond smirked as the black-haired boy's cheeks began to tint with pink.

"She's cute, and fiery and I like her," Taehyung mumbled, glancing down as he played with his food. "But I don't think she- "

"Oh she likes you alright, you haven't seen the way she looks at you when she thinks no-one else is watching," Jimin assured his friend. "Just give it some time. No, spend some time with her, not when you're acting like a prick,"

"What a hypocrite!" The younger boy scoffed. "I'd say the prick is you,"

But before he could go on, the blond fired a question at the taller boy. "Taehyung, if the thing with Hanna worked out... because you like her so much, would you actually, properly date her?"

The Kim paused, thinking the question through. "Yeah, I would,"

"You'd give up your playboy days just for her?"

"Without a doubt," The Kim boy raised an eyebrow. "Why d'you ask?"

"Curious, that's all,"

But as the two boys continued to converse of other things, the blond's mind was filled with the thought of a certain girl.

...

"If this is just an attempt to get back to our 'friends-with-benefits' thing, then I'm pretty sure that I gave my answer that day itself,"

Kim Taehee looked extremely unimpressed, her arms folded as she glared at the Park boy, who rubbed the back of his neck, surprisingly anxious at the whole ordeal.

"No, no, that's not why I dragged you in here," Jimin took a deep breath. "I want to - I wanted to apologise,"

The comment earned the blond a raised eyebrow, and Jimin shuddered at just how similar she looked to her brother, despite the knowledge of the two being twins.

"I kinda just jumped into this whole thing, and I never asked you about what you wanted. And I've given it a thought," He stared at the Kim girl hard. "Kim Taehee, would you be my girlfriend?"

Taehee tilted her head, slightly shocked at the question that had just left the boy's mouth, and when she realised that he was not kidding, she nodded slowly.

"You won't just use me for whatever, and go after other girls?"

"No,"

"You're willing to change your habits?"

"Yeah,"

The corners of Taehee's lips twitched upwards. "Then, yeah, I'd love to be your girlfriend,"