Good Night.

"Jonathan.", you smiled. You've always loved the name Jonathan. "Listen, Y/N. Whenever you're here call me Dr. Crane." You nodded. You totally understood this request. But at the same time you wondered if that means you got to spend more time with him outside the Asylum. Why else would he introduce himself as Jonathan to you, right?

"Well, Jonathan." He liked the way you said his name. It was like music to his ears. "I know, you're not accepting a no, but I really don't want to waste your time by getting me home." You hated to ask for help - sure, you didn't ask for it but as always you preferred to do things by your own. So you don't have to say 'Thanks', so you don't have to worry what the price for this was. Crane shook his head, his eyes narrowing. "Y/N. Stop it now. I'm a good driver and we can talk about Scarecrow. I have to know more about your experience meeting him."

There was something exciting in his voice that you noticed. You shrugged it off as a psychologic interest. "But as soon as we're in my car, you should call a friend. I don't want you to be home alone tonight. And for what I know you live alone, right?" Following him silently you only nodded. Did you mentioned this early? Or in the session yesterday? You actually couldn't remember telling him to live alone but hey, you told him. For sure.

Both of you got to his expensive black car and just like a gentleman he helped you inside it and closed the door on your side before he got on the driver's seat. He put in your address to his navigation system and started the car. Gotham was busy during these times but it was okay for you - so you had more time with him. "Go, call your friends. Or we're gonna stay in Arkham and I'm gonna get you a bed here." he insisted.

"S-sure.", you whispered. Staying in Arkham? NEVER. You tried to contact all of your friends. It wasn't a big group - you've never been the person with many friends. Three to six where completely fine. After calling almost all of your friends without success you already saw yourself in Arkham. Thinking about a horrible night at an ASYLUM!

But finally - One friend answered your desperate call. 'Oh hey there, Y/N. Hope you're doing fine!' "Hey, Friends/N. Sorry for the late call. I-I.. well. Are you okay? Actually I'm not okay. Could you come over...? It's important, I wouldn't ask if it wasn't." By God you hated this situation. Calling friends on which you could have never relied on and now having your psychatrist next to you listening to every word you say. And probably analyzing you. 'Aw, sorry, Y/N. You know I'm with the others. We're having a game night and totally forgot about you. Well... you know because of all the extra hours. Because of your boss Rice? Ricky? Can I call you tomorrow? I'm drunk, sorry'yyy. - She hung up.

"Y-yeah. Sure." you pressed your lips together and looked at your phone. The display turned black and reflected your exhausted and sad face. You hold back your tears and Crane? Yes, he was concentrated to get you home safely but he heard every single word. Now and then he peered at you and your reaction. Again: Jackpot. You even had more problems as he thought and he already loved it.

People often said they had problems with friends, they felt alone, couldn't rely on anybody - but in the end they had enough people to ask for help. But you? Yeah, you beautiful young lady seemed to have nobody. Only your Mother who lived in Metropolis.

"And? What did she say?", he asked. Like he didn't already know the answer. You forced yourself to smile and look outside the window. It started raining. The raindrops on the car's window represented your tears you were still holding back so well. "She's busy. Well... acutally. All of my friends are. They're all together and having a Game Night. Cool, isn't it?" it felt like a stab in your shattered heart. She even couldn't remember you boss' name. And let's be honest - it was the lamest excuse. "And yeah. I'm not even invited NOW. I could have joined them, right?" Silence. "Nevermind." you laughed it off.

Playing into his hands. Again and again. Crane found - with you - his perfect patient for his evil experiments. He wanted to celebrate with a glass of Champagne. How long did he wait for someone like you? A broken, innocent girl. Of course he had fun experimenting on Arkham patients - but this? Yeah, this was pure perfection.

Crane looked at the street and cleared his throat. "Amazing friends. But I see. You haven't lied telling me you're all alone. Thanks for being honest." You sneaked a peek on the GPS. You were almost at home but Crane drove by and stopped his car. It was obvious how confused you've been. Just as you wanted to say something he laid his finger under your chin to move your pretty face to him. He wanted you to look at him. You've lost yourself once again in this incredibly blue eyes.

"Listen, Y/N. If you call those people your friends... No. Those people are social contacts but no friends. And you really need a friend. Especially in this situation. You have to give me your word nobody will ever hear about this but I cannot let you be alone for today. I'm gonna get you at my apartment. Just to make sure you're safe. I know bringing you to Arkham would make the situation worse." Your eyes widened. Was he for sure? He was your therapist and you were sure, that's something he wouldn't do for everyone.

On the one side your heart exploded. They way he looked at you, his voice and his eyes - God. You wished someone would have looked at you like this before. On the other side this felt strange. Completely strange. You're still his patient. There's nothing more to say. Also you just had two sessions with him - it wasn't like you knew him for months. This felt wrong. You should rely on your gut feeling - and you've always been a rational and reasonable person. So: Ignore his voice, ignore his looks and God, dammit. Y/N ignore his incredible eyes!

You shook your head. "No. This doesn't feel right. Please, just get me home. Yes, it was a scary moment and I am still scared to death, but I'm okay. I'm gonna make sure all my doors and windows are closed and Scarecrow won't come in and then, I'm fine." You're an independent woman. And his offer seemed weird. "But. I know you don't have any sessions on Saturday but I think a need one for tomorrow. Would that be okay? I'd pay extra for this. Of course."

Crane underestimated you. He was sure you'd join him - you, the lonely girl had to crave for some company. Someone to talk to - especially if he was as handsome and understanding as him. Your gut feeling crossed his plans and he really did not see that coming. He sighed and began rubbing his chin thinking about how he could change your mind.

"I am your psychiatrist and you should listen to me. I know what's good for you. I know better than you." he tried but failed. "I'm fine. You've done enough. Not being alone on my way home is perfect. That's more than I could ask for. So please. Just get me home and enjoy your evening without patients and... see me tomorrow? Maybe?" he nodded. Jonathan knew if he would insist it would make him and his actions questionable. He still had his plans. Other plans. His evil mind already worked on some ideas. Cruel ideas.

He started the car and drove back on the street. "I'm gonna meet you tomorrow. That's fine. You don't have to pay me extra. Really. I just want you to feel better after... this Scarecrow attack." Oh and you could be sure, Scarecrow would visit you again soon. Even sooner than Crane thought he would. But you've asked for it. He had no other option!

Around ten minutes later you were finally home. "Amazing!", you were so glad being there. Your mood changed and just being there made you feel better. You left the car - even before Crane could get out himself and open the door for you. Standing outside the car - in the rain - you bent over to him you smiled. "Thank you so much, Jonathan. Have a good night and see you tomorrow?" - "Yeah. See you tomorrow at 2, Y/N. Sleep well and if you need me...", he got his business card outsite his pocket and gave it to you. "Just call me. Not everyone gets this card with my private phone number." He wanted you to feel honored. And you did. "Good night." you closed the cars door and left. Holding this little white card extremly tight in your hands worrying the slightest breeze could blow it away.

Crane still observed you inside his car. Seeing you running to an older neighbour who just struggled getting her groceries home. Your kind soul would bring you to danger again. An evil grin appeared on his lips as he saw you taking off the heavy shopping bags from that small old lady. You could not NOT help her. Perfect timing. Something seemed to be on his side. "Let's make you regret coming with me.", he whispered while he got on his mask. THAT mask.

He parked his car, left it and ran upstairs to your apartment. You shouldn't feel safe there. Scarecrow knew where you lived. You should be punished declining Crane's perfect offer. Oh, yes.