Only your trust.

Batman hasn't left your head. You were never one to be stroppy or rude and especially not with him. He, who wanted to help you. A few days passed and you still couldn't think of anything else. Batman and Crane.
Batman, because of your nasty words, and Crane, because he'd left you alone for so long. Something was wrong and you wondered what it meant. Was he planning something new? Was he working on a stronger dose? Or had he found a new victim and you had been discarded?Somehow you didn't like the idea at all. It was crazy with you, wasn't it? On the one hand you wanted to see Crane suffer, but at the same time you didn't want anyone else to take your place. And then there was Bruce Wayne! Wayne, who put you in touch with Batman. How were you supposed to act if he approached you about it? Right now, you just wanted to scream and hope that all your problems would be solved. Oh, if it only would be that simple, right...?

What had happened to your villain era? You still had that little feeling of power in the back of your mind. You could turn Crane over to Batman, you could maybe bring Batman down through Crane, and at the same time you could try to expose and unmask them both. Just recently you read in one of those gossip magazines that this year your zodiac sign was destined to enter the villain era. Yet you were someone with a good heart who might try and ultimately act reasonable.

For the moment, however, you had decided to do your thing  - without anyone being harmed or unmasked in the process. You shouldn't dance at two weddings, but yes, you decided to leave a message for both Crane and Wayne.

Long time no hear from you. Hope all is well? Maybe I could use someone who listens...? [your initials]

As you stared at the history of Bruce, you asked yourself again: should you address him as Mister Wayne or as Bruce? Politeness would demand Mister Wayne and usually you would do exactly that.

Hello Bruce, I wanted to thank you again for the contact with our... client. Of course, I'm keeping quiet about all that. Please don't worry about it. Y/N

Sent. "Wow. How stupid can you be? Who writes like that? Oh god, what is wrong with me?!", you stared at your phone and finally put it aside. You were at work and didn't want to get into anything after Reese wasn't your biggest fan anyway. But still, you had to write those messages NOW, because otherwise work wouldn't have worked at all.You were glad that things were relatively quiet at the moment and that you didn't have any complicated tasks to do. In fact, it felt more like you were just doing your time. After all the chaos in your head, that wasn't the worst thing. And even better was that Reese was on a business trip for the next few days and you had your peace. Those days usually felt like a little holiday.

Maybe you could enjoy this little holiday to finally sort out your thoughts. Or maybe you had new things to think about. You kept glancing at the screen, hoping that a message would pop up. "How old are you again? Sixteen?" you laughed at yourself. Even when you were 16 years young, you hadn't acted like this. But that's what it felt like when two men unintentionally turned your head. Although... one of them had planned it.

Rrrrrrring. Rrrrrrring. "Oh, fuck off.", your work phone rang. You didn't need that right now. For a moment you just looked at it before you picked up with a fake smile and an angelic voice which greeted the end of the other line. "Wayne Enterprises, my name is Y/N L/N, how can I help you?" There was only a soft laugh. Something that confused you and made you anxious. "H-hello?" "Good day, Y/N. I was just thrilled by your friendly manner. That's what I expect from my employees. You sound completely different on the phone. Oh, it's Bruce." You froze. The voice was instantly familiar and you wanted to slam the phone against the wall because you were afraid he was making fun of you, but at the same time you were filled with joy at his call. Of course, you noticed that he had called before Jonathan texted you, so he already got a plus point. - If you were honest, it was childish but you needed it.