I am not scared of you.

"There is no reason to say thanks, Mrs. Anderson. Have a good night and let me know whenever you need help!" You smiled after helping out your neighbor. Your Mother always told you to help people in need and this lady clearly struggled with her heavy bags so how could you ignore that? Yep, you couldn't.

With still a smile on your lips you you left her floor and took the stairs upwards to your safe-space. Your little aparment. Finally arriving on your floor, you had to take a little break to breathe: "God, Y/N. You definitely should work out more often. Dammit!" That felt like running! Your lungs were heavy and your cheeks red but hey, by using the stairs you did something for your health. That's what you told youself while grabbing your keys and going the way down to your door.

You hesitated. There was a dark silhouette in front of your door. Someone who was waiting for you. "H-hello?!" - wrong idea. Instead of silently leaving the building and calling for help you did that one thing you've always complained about watching horror movies: Seeing something strange and greeting this being. It suddenly turned around running at you.

A man in a suit wearing a mask? Before you could even remember the suit which was worn by the one and only: Your psychiatrist Dr. Jonathan Crane, you inhaled the toxin. AGAIN. Your mind got blurry, your eyes itchy and the fear spreaded rapidly.

"Did you really think I wouldn't find you everywhere?" the dark voice asked you. Your body froze and you couldn't move any muscle. "Now your Doctor isn't here to save you. You're all mine." Well thought, Crane, well thought. You started shaking. Again this monstrous thing. Again being completely helpless and alone. "S-Scarecrow..." you whispered almost soundless, pressing your back against the wall. "No. No. No. This has to be all in my head. You're not real. This can't be happening."

Scarecrow got close, playing with a single strand of your hair. You closed your eyes and screamed. "GO AWAY." The first people got out of their aparments, looking what was happening but no one reacted. They all got back into their 'safe-spaces'. Leaving you behind. Not even calling the police. You wouldn't blame them. That's why Gotham got to the point where it was. No one wanted to get involved into anything. Helping could mean to be involved - and you? You were still the person helping.

You tried to concentrate and ignore your fear but it was impossible. It wasn't your fault - no, you were not to weak - it was all the toxin. "Leave. Just leave or... or tell me what you want." That's all you got out. Suddenly you didn't seem to be that scared like the first time. Sure, the fear was still inside you but you tried to keep a calm head - kinda. You even opened your eyes looking at this creature.

"I want your fears." he whispered. Crane realized something was different this time. Was it because he already used this toxin some hours ago? You, his little test object definitely needed a higher dose next time. He looked at your beautiful face. No tears. He even thought to see a littly bit of bravery. What just happened? Why didn't you cry or try to run away. "I told you to leave. Now." you tried to sound confident even if you were still scared to death! But as he wore a mask - you also could wear one, right? Act like you weren't afraid. Act like this is just a crazy kid trying to scare people.

"No. I won't leave. And no one's gonna help you. You're all alone." You nodded and grabbed your wallet getting out 20 dollars. "Hope that helps. Try to. You know. Not to scare old people. They might get a heart attack.", you thought about your neighbor Mrs. Anderson. She definitely would die because of such a freak. Scarecrow was impressed. Crane was impressed. How did you do that? He got close again. Before he could say anything you pushed him away to put the keys in the lock - and hey! You haven't been one of those Horror Movie Girls who needed x attempts to open their doors.

After you've opened the door you looked at the creature. "I am not scared of you.", you said. Calm. Before you closed the door and locked it. You placed your shaking hand over your mouth and stood there in the dark. Tears running down your face. The fear was there but you overplayed it. Your back was pressed against the door. "I-I'm fine. He. He's not in here. I made it home. I am home." you whispered and tried to calm yourself down. Yes, you were at home and Scarecrow was locked out.

Crane. The doctor came in your mind and so that little card he gave you. Staring at this you had a inner fight to call him - or not. Was it an emergency or should you try to fight against this fear and what just happened on your own?

While you finally got the strength to move on a little and sit down your sofa still looking at this card, Crane got back into his car. Staring at his phone. Knowing you'd call. That little innocent and scared young woman. How could you not call him after this? And he? Sure, he'd be there for your. 'Drive' back to your apartment to make you feel safe. He waited and waited. No call. "This can't be." And suddenly there it was. A unknown number appeared on his display. He smiled devilish and answered the call. Even if he knew who the caller was, he sounded surprised "Dr. Crane. Who am I talking to?", he asked. No answer. Beep. Beep. Beep.

You hung up. Even if you became truly lost you'd get better. You'd see Crane tomorrow and maybe you would tell him about what just happened. Or you would remain silent. You stared into darkness and shook your head. Something was wrong with this whole situation. Scarecrow. Crane. There had to be a connection.

You wanted to get up and google some things - about a Scarecrow monster here in Gotham, about Dr. Crane, also about if there was any possibilty to contact Batman and ask for help! But before you got up the sofa you fell asleep. Exhausted and tired.

*Author's note*
I'm sorry for the delay! I try to post as often as possible.
And oh my God. I hope you like this chapter and how *you* reacted to our uninvited guest! But yeah... Why did the second dose didn't work THAT well on you? Find out soon!

More to come!

xx N