21: Not right...

"NYAAAH!!"

Peridot practically jumped backwards in fright. The sharp raise in volume of your uncharacteristically deep gruff voice, echoed off the glass enclosure, the glass threatening to buckle beneath the decibels your voice reached while shaking the plants in their pots. You stood rigidly, your pigtails bristling and your thick, pointed fang-like teeth gnashing at her as a deep, primitive snarl emanated in your throat. Everyone, especially spinel took a few steps back as you glared hard at the cowering green gem before you with feral ringed eyes.

"Ah... um..." Peridot couldn't speak, as her eyes were practically locked into your predatory glower. "O-Okay... that... that's okay then..."

"Uh..." Spinel forced herself to speak. Even if she hasn't exactly gotten around to trying to speak with you in this state, remaining silent may make things worse for everyone. "You... you okay there, kid...?"

She lays a hand on your back, and in a few blinks, reality comes back to you. And with a startled jolt, you realized the situation you just created.

"O-Oh!" You recoiled from Peridot immediately, clapping your hands over your mouth, blinking away the sinister rings from your irises. "I... you weren't supposed ta see that..." you muttered inaudibly, biting your lip nervously as you felt your face burn at the multiple wide eyes and concerned faces that were now staring at you. "Eheh... pardon me... didn't mean to answer like that." you giggled sheepishly, rubbing  the back of your head. "Where are my manners?..."

A few awkward chuckles rumbled from the now uneasy class, as Peridot simply gave an uneven smile of apprehension. You cleared your throat, and straightened your pigtails, regaining a "proper" posture. "Wh-What... what were ya gonna ask?"

"Uh.." Peridot presses her fingers together nervously. "I was... gonna offer you and your acquaintance a spot in my class... I figured that you'd like to teach us on how to make those... what were they?" Peridot looked up, rubbing her chin in deep thought. "Mm... Flower crowns, I believe?"

Your pupils trembled. "O-Oh..." GAH! You got all worked up for that!? You mentally scolded yourself as the burning shame in your face became to a scorching prickling. Oh (name) you-

"She... can't! Today!" Spinel stepped up, wearing a forced smile on her lips. "She uh... got... got an... appointment!" You looked up at spinel incredulously, shocked at her coming so quickly to your aid. "With... the uh... diamonds?"

Peridot's eyes widened, and the Gems behind her gasped at the mention of the former monarchs. "Huh? What could they want?"

Spinel's eyes glanced to one side for a moment. "They... wanted tips on... how to... be... better gems?"

Peridot blinked as everyone mulled over Spinel's excuse. If you had a heart, It'd be beating more rapidly than a rabbit's as you gave a closed-lipped smile, still feeling the points of your fangs against your gums.

After what felt like an eternity, Peridot smirked, letting out an amused scoff. "Why didn't you say so in the first place?" She snickered to herself, as the students clamored excitedly behind her. "Looks like Steven's not the only one with power over those oversized clods..." She places a hand on your shoulder, giving you a proud smile. "Well then, I wish you luck on your appointment!"

"Th-Thank you, peri!" You chirped shakily, setting a hand on hers, trying not to show too much teeth in your smile. "We-Well, I'd better get going now... wouldn't wanna keep em waitin' any longer!"

With that, you spun on your heel, speedwalking away from the tree house, as Spinel stood and watched for a moment, placing a hand on her head uncomfortably as she did. Peridot's smiled faded a bit once you were far away. "Interesting... she's never quite shown that side of her before."

Spinel swung her head to face the gem in shock. "Really??"

Peridot shrugged with a shake of her head. "Not that I remember. She always had this cheerful, childish nature like any other spinel created, only she was capable of holding her joyful disposition, even in the darkest of situations." She explained. She then rubbed her chin. "That outburst in particular was especially strange, since her vocal range fell deeper than a Spinel's voice should..."

Spinel blinked, as the new information slapped her in the face.

"Maybe it's a tactic she's been practicing..." Nephrite suggested, returning to attending her plant. "After all, she's still dealing with the diamonds. Maybe since things are different she figured she could play it different."

Blue lace snickered, turning back to her own plant. "Hehe, yeah. She always had something up her sleeve!" She giggled.

Ameythyst laughed. "Maybe she'll use that deep voice to scare Holly into finally chilling out!"

The students laughed at this, while spinel stood in a dumbfounded silence, mulling everything over. So... she was never like this, huh?

"You might wanna catch up to her." Spinel was brought back to attention, feeling an elbow nudge her. "Wouldn't want to miss any of what (name) has to say."

Spinel blinked in slight confusion, until she realized what the green gem was referring to. "O-oh! Right! Yeah!" Spinel chuckled taking a step back, ready to leave. "W-well, it was uh... nice meeting ya... s-sorry for the uh... yelling there! We'll be sure to drop by again sometime for those flower crown thingies!" Spinel smiled as she started to walk off, giving one final wave to the smiling Peridot before running off towards your direction, faintly hearing the excited chatting between the Peridot and her students.

"Man, that Spinel is lucky!"

"Hehe-yeah! She's got a guard and a playmate, all in one gem!"

"For sure! Did you see her teeth? Scary stuff!"

"Aw man, I wish I was there to see what (nickname) has to say to those diamonds!"

"Alright, alright, while meeting the (name) was indeed enlightening, we must get back to how to properly tend to your garden..."

Spinel sneered with slight at the gabbling gems behind her, but decided against nursing the grudge.

After all, there was something much more important to tend to than someone stupid old garden...
~~~~~~~~

Probably didn't do good here, with all of the OOC acts here, but I can always re-write when I can.