6: something's off...

"Did you enjoy your first breakfast, miss spinel?"

You asked warmly, taking the now empty tray off the table and walking over to the kitchen to clean the dishes. Spinel shrugged, trying to look as snarky as possible. "Didn't have much of a choice, now did I?" She said coldly, but you grinned, shooting a sneaky glance over your shoulder. "Well. you did, actually." you replied plainly, a faintly smug edge in your voice. "I just wanted you to try it. I didn't say eat it all." You grinned lightly at the annoyed groan from the pink gem.

Heheh... now for phase 3.

You place all the dishes into the sink and take a deep breath, smiling softly to yourself.

But... before I do...

You straighten up and skip over to spinel, who watched you with a disinterested glare as you turned to face her with a stern expression on your face. "Now! Before we go out to the town..." you started. "I gotta set some rules first."

Spinel made a 'tch' noise and rolled her eyes, leaning back into the couch with her eyes on you. You had her full, yet begrudging attention. "Rule #1. Be nice to others! Both gems and organics!" You smiled brightly. "If you wanna make new friends, you're gonna have to be nice to someone! Being mean and murderous gets you nowhere. Well, puts you in a bubble but nowhere good." Spinel snorted, rolling her eyes with a barely visible shake of her head. "Whatever ya say, kid..." You nodded, smiling at her begrudging acceptance. "Rule #2. No bad kinds of physical contact to other beings. No punching, no hitting, no wrapping limbs around other's necks. Not unless you need to, that is." You sounded matter-of-fact at the last part, which apparently amused spinel slightly, as she snorted slightly. "Sure, kid, whateva." You couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic, but you nodded anyways as you moved to the final and most important rule. "And finally! there will be NO hostility towards Mr. Universe or The Crystal Gems at all!" This final rule caught her amusement, as she scoffed, giving you a rather aloof smirk. "Aw, don't want anything to happen to your stupid little boyfriend?" Your face went hot as your eyes widened, rather startled at the accusation. "B-boyfriend?! N-no, I-!"

Spinel took note of this reaction and immediately started to laugh crudely at your darkened face and frantic and embarrassed body language. "It's nothing like that!" your protest barely reached over her laughter. "It's just... what happened to you isn't his-" You were halted when spinel smacked a hand into your face, covering it completely. "Yeah, yeah, yeah, kid, don't try and cover up your disgusting little crush on the little loser. I saw it all the other day." She uncovered your face, but before you could explain yourself, she clasped her hands together, dilating her pupils into a cruel mockery of your own as she then spoke, mocking your own voice, albeit more exaggerated and syrupy sweet.

"Oh mr. universe! you're the galaxy's greatest salvation! It's amaaaazing how much you went through just to achieve it! You're so brave and handsome!" she mocked crudely, as you rose a finger to try and correct her. "I never said-" Spinel batted her lashes as she continued her cruel intimation of you. "Pink would be proud of you for sure, mr. universe! You're the galaxy's big strong savior! Let's run away together like her and have our own little universe!" She finished her act with a few mocking eyelash bats before laughing again, amused at her own mockery of you. "Seriously! You're more of a suck-up to him then pearl ever was to pink! It's so funny, yet so PATHETIC!" Spinel was laughing so hard that she failed to notice that you had long since fallen silent, any forms of emotions or movement leaving your being as you watched with an empty stare.

Spinel's laughter finally dies down and she wipes a tear away, before regarding you with a smug, almost sinister grin on her mug. "Alright alright, all jokes aside though... what if I were to say... break one of your stupid rules?" She sounded almost taunting. "What if I were to actually hurt this pathetic planet's residents, hm?" You practically stared through the pink gem as you responded to her, your voice colder than ice. "...Then you will be punished for it." Spinel lifts her brow for a moment and her grin falters slightly, slightly taken aback from your sudden shift in tone before a smug snicker escapes her.

"Nah-ah-ah, The diamonds can't punish if they have no PROOF of me hurting the pathetic things." She was smirking, taking your drop in behavior as being stumped. "Besides, how could The Diamonds PUNISH lil ol' me if they didn't see me get poor wittle steven universe a little hurt, hm?" She crooned, smiling a toothy smirk as you stared up into her eyes, without blinking.

"I didn't say the diamonds would be doing it."

Spinel's smirk dropped like a domino at the grim note in your flat voice and leaned back slightly. "H-Hey there, kid!" She exclaimed, trying to fight her tension to put on a cocky grin. "Then you'd be breaking one of your own rules!" She reminded. "If I recalled correctly, you said no bad physical contact-" She was cut off by your small hand lashing out and wrapping around her neck, pulling her close to you as you stretch your neck up until your face was a few centimeters away from hers, your ringed eyes staring into hers with a lifeless glare in them.

 "If I recalled correctly, you said no bad physical contact-" She was cut off by your small hand lashing out and wrapping around her neck, pulling her close to you as you stretch your neck up until your face was a few centimeters away from hers, y...

"Unless, I needed to."

Your voice was low and borderline lifeless.

"Look pinkie, if you're not gonna listen to me on being nice, then stick to the verbal assault. Because I really don't wanna bubble you for doing something stupid to an innocent. Especially you really have no reason to be angry anymore." Your brow furrowed slightly, into the look of irritation. "The person you're angry at doesn't even exist anymore. Vengeance is pointless if the person it's for isn't alive anymore. So don't get yourself poofed for something that's pointless. I'm giving you a chance here."

You blinked and your eyes returned to normal, and you released your grip on her and stepped back, your face now holding a soft, sincerity. "You're better than that, ms. spinel. Remember that." You place your hands onto your hips and smile a small smile to the pink gem, not noticing how visibly spooked she looked now. "Now that that's out of the way, are you ready for a spinel's day out on beach city?" Spinel's eyes darted back and forth uncomfortably before replying. "I... em... Y-yes..?" You clapped your hands together and flashed a bright happy smile. "Great! let me just freshen up, then we're all set!"

With that, you skip up to your loft, as spinel watched with wide, confused and unnerved eyes.

What is wrong with that gem!?
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, there is something up with the reader, but I don't know what to call it-