1: A surprising turn of events!?

"HEY! are you Steven Universe?"

"Um... Yes?"

"...Perfect.~"

With a sinister smirk, the mysterious silhouette suddenly raised an arm, her pinky finger suddenly stretched itself outward, coiling in into a cone like shape against her fist. A horn of sorts.

Blowing into her fist, a thunderous foghorn-esc HONK!!! Sounded into the previously still air, vibrating the ground slightly from the sheer force of the volume. From the finger-horn's command, the massive mechanism from which she stood, it unsheathed a massive needle-like point from the bottom, unraveling four large metallic legs, taking the form of a massive, menacing injector. After latching itself firmly onto the hill, it plunges its point deep into the earth, gurgling lightly as it began its slow, steady injection.

With this deed done, the figure leaped from her perch atop the mechanism, sticking a 3-point landing on the metal rim, revealing her self as a pink gem with large, spiked pigtails and hooked pink boots, giving her a jester-like appearance. Her gem, which was on her chest, was a heart, was inverted into the upside-down position. With a snarl, the wayward gem glares down at the crystal gems with manic, ringed magenta eyes. "Well, well, well, well, well! Let's get a look at the menagerie..." she hissed, cupping her hand around her eye and it extending out like a telescope, her enlarged pupil flicking to each gem in turn. "You must be amethyst. You must be Garnet." she stopped spitefully on a particularly thin gem. "And Pink Diamond's pearl!" She sneered, her voice taking on a bitter tone. "Well, she took you with her, isn't that just.. swELL?"

That pearl looked both bewildered but horrified. "It can't be..."

The gem then let out a bitter laugh. "Oh, but it can be! And it is! I got a new style," She boasted, sweeping a hand over her pigtails, "And a few new toys," She smacked her hand against the injector's side. "To get rid of your happily ever after.. ONCE AND FOR ALL!"

"Whoa whoa this has got to be a misunderstanding!" The boy, Steven exclaimed uneasily. "Incase you haven't heard, I've established peace all across the galax-" He was cut off by the pink gems angry, snarky voice. "Yeah, yeah yeah, I've heard. I've gotten your little message to the universe... on LOOP!!" She bellowed the last part, her leg stretching all the way down from the top of the pink injector, kicking Steven square in the face, knocking him back a good distance to the crystal gem's feet. This prompts the gems to summon their weapons in defense, as Steven laid before them in a daze. "I just loooove that part! Where Pink Diamond spends the rest of her days, on this.. NOWHERE PLANET! With a bunch.. of... NOBODIES!" Coiling her arms into springs, she jumps down from the massive vehicle, bouncing toward the group with unsettling elasticity.

"That's right I heard the story over and over again!" She then looms over Steven dancing in an unsettling toon-like way, before leaning forward, her face inches from his. "Gee, it's swell to finally meet her OTHER FRIENDS!"

She then moves onto the gems, Toying with each of them. "That's right I heard the story, don't really like how it ends!" she then steps away from the group, extending her arms toward the pearl. "Gee it's swell to finally meet her other-"

HOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNK!!

She was interrupted by a sound similar to her own finger horn, though it was a small notch higher than hers, prompting the mad jester gem to stop dead in her tracks. "What the-!?" She turns to the source of the sound, which was strangely atop the perch from where she stood, and much to her shock and ever so slight horror, the machine began up rooting itself from the ground, sheathing its point and levitating back into the air into a dormant state. "HEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!?!?!?"

She runs over to where the point had previously been and pumped her fists into the air in bewildered anger. "WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA!!?!"

From the metal rim, a small silhouetted head peeked from the edge, large (color) eyes staring down at the pink gem in worry and minor disappointment.

And maybe a dash of what looked like... pity? Sympathy, maybe?

aAhigh voice, similar to that of a child, answered back to her. "...To stop you from resorting to this! This isn't right!"

At this the wayward gem scoffed loudly, quite astonished at the fact that not only did another being follow her, but had the GALL to put a halt to her vengeance quest. Who were they to poke their nose into MY business anyway!?! And why would they care on what happens to the half-organic or this miserable rock of a planet!?! Thoroughly livid now, she clenched her fists and stomped her foot into the ground, raising her fist into the air shaking it angrily. "YEAH!!? SAYS WHO!!?!"

To answer her question, the silhouetted intruder leaps off the rim, in a similar manner spinel had done, only they failed to land on her feet. Instead they landed on their face with a audible THUMP! The pink gem raised an eyebrow at the familiar body shape and hair style the gem had.

Is that... another spinel?

Though, this one was rather different. It was shorter and slightly stout, befitting that of a very young child. She had (color) skin and (color) hair with (size) (shape) pigtails atop her head. Her outfit was the traditional bicolor one-piece, the top half (color) and bottom half (color). Her gemstone, in the shape of a (shape) was on her (body part). To complete her look, she had round boots that squeaked with each step.

Spinel blinked, her thoughts running a 60 miles a minute at the sudden turn of events.

They laid there for a few moments before pushing themselves off the ground, onto her feet, shaking off her daze and brushing herself off, fixing the pink gem with a childish but stern glare, pointing a thumb to herself. "ME! Spinel Facet-(number) cut (number)!" Her voice then lightened into a bubbly chirp.

"But if you want, I like to be called (name) to."

~~~(author's note)~~~

yeah, reader-nel interrupted the opening number.

sorry, but this song's been written over and over again.

What's the harm in putting a break in this trend? just this once?

No?

Well, sorry, but like I said before, I break barriers.

and yes, I went ham on reader's description, including a facet cut.

You're welcome. =w=
~~~~{2021 updated}~~~~