Chapter 3

" I like him. " I was confused with his answer but i let him talk.

" What? Who? What do you mean Haechan? "

" I like Mark, Jia. " He said, looking straight at my eyes.

Silence followed, I didn't know what to say so i stared at him, waiting for him to tell me it's just a joke and this is all a silly prank.

" You're joking right? " I said after a long minute of silence.

He stared at me, face blank.

" I'm not joking, Jia. Besides, why would you think i was joking? " He said, slowly walking forward at me. I stepped back, afraid to know the reason why he's telling me this.

" Why are you telling me this? " I said, confused.

" I know you like him too. "

" What?How-how did you even- " Before I could even finish, he cut me off.

" I'm your best friend, I know you, that's why. " He said, his face still expressionless.

I can't even see what's the point of him telling me this.

" I like Mark, and I want you to back off. " Why is he suddenly like this? And what? He wants me to back off?

" You can't like him anymore. " He added, looking down.

" Why? " I said , Haechan looked back up at me. " Why, Haechan? Why can't I like him? " I added. He was obviously taken aback by what I've said and didn't answer back.

I just want one valid reason from him why he's telling me to stop liking Mark. I didn't even tell anyone about liking Mark because I was afraid of losing my friendship with him. What if he doesn't like me back and he just sees me as a younger sister to him?

I don't want to risk my friendship with him.

" Just do me a favor and stop liking him. "

The guys arrived bringing the food and stuff. After the 'talk' with Haechan, Mark told us the movie was ready, both of us silent. I was still shocked by what he told me but I stayed silent and didn't tell it to the other guys, I don't want them to know because I don't want them to get affected with our issue.

I wasn't even able to think straight while watching the movie.

" Jia, why aren't you eating anything? " Jaemin whispered. The others was still focusing on the horror movie we were watching.