Chapter 15

    " Can we talk, Jia? " Mark asked over the phone. I was confused why he wants to talk to me suddenly. So I figured, maybe it was an emergency or or something.

   I mean, Mark doesn't usually just call me out of nowhere for a ' talk ' . So maybe this is something important.

   " Like—right now, Mark? "

   " Yeah—I'm actually outside your house right now. " My eyes widened in shock after hearing what he said. It's freaking cold outside! Why didn't he just come in? I hanged up the phone hurriedly and stood up.

   " Yah, I'm gonna leave for a bit. I'll be back. " I shouted, running to get my coat. I basically flew to the door to open it while I heard Jisung shouting ' Buy me ice cream on the way ! '

    I didn't even care about his request and ran outside like I'm in some sort of a marathon.

   I saw Mark outside, standing while waving his hands at me. I ran to get to him which earned a laugh from Mark.

   " You didn't have to run, Jia. "

   " How long have you been waiting here? " I asked, catching my breath.

   " I just got here actually. " He replied with a smile.

   " Nothing, it's just....I thought you waited since earlier. And it's cold, why didn't you come in " I said.

   " I wanted to tell you something. " He stated.

   " But can we talk somewhere else? Like—the playground near here? "

   " Uhm—yeah, I guess, but why there tho? We can talk here. " I asked, confused why he's suddenly conscious, no one's here anyway.

    " Yeah but, I wanted to tell you something in that place...But if you want to— " He said.

   " It's ok, Mark. No need to worry. " I assured him.

   " Really? Ok then. I just missed that place, that's where you and—Haechan plays when you were kids right. " He said, as we walked through the path.

   " Yeah, but our Moms were really close with each other so, that's probably why we're friends. " Mark nodded slowly, hearing the information.

    Silence followed, but it was not the ' awkward–kind–of–silence ' .

   It was.....comfortable and peaceful.

   And I never thought I would feel more comfortable with him than I've ever known.

                                *  *  *  *  *  *

   We arrived at the playground, both of us taking a seat on the swing. I sighed as I felt the wind blowing softly.

   I remembered what Mark told me earlier that he wanted to tell something to me. I wonder what it is. Perhaps, did he get into some trouble? Nah, that's impossible. Mark never gets into troubles....i guess.

   " You said you wanted to tell me something right? What is it? "

   " Uh—Yeah, right. Uhm—I wanted to tell you that I– " He hesitated for a bit.

   " I...I like you, Jia. "