Chapter 29

Jia felt the tingling sensation of someone's breath fanning over face and arms encircling her waist

Jia felt the tingling sensation of someone's breath fanning over face and arms encircling her waist. And after realizing it was Haechan, she slowly tries to move his hands off and got up.

As she was doing so, a hand stopped her and pulled her back before collapsing back in the bed. Jia didn't know how to react as Haechan buried his face at the crook of her neck before muttering something.

" Five more minutes " He grumbled sleepily.

Jia pursed her lips,  " Huh?—Oh, okay " She replied.

" You smell good " Haechan mumbled, nose scrunching as he got comfy at their position.

" I need to get up now— " Jia muttered as she tried to get up. Haechan snickered as he took his hands off her waist and got up with a frown on his face.

" I don't even get cuddles now " Haechan ranted, a small pout forming on his lips.

Jia chuckled at him, " I have a boyfriend now, you do know that I can't give you cuddles anymore. Plus, we stopped doing that when we started high school "

Haechan scoffed, " Who cares? We used to do that since we were kids. " Haechan said as he rolled his eyes.

" Well not anymore, Haechan. " Jia shrugged.

" I'm going first, you can use the bathroom after, " Haechan said as he walked off grumpily, off to use the bathroom to wash up.

Jia rolled her eyes as she watched Haechan stomp his way off to the bathroom. The sound of phone ringing made her turn her attention to Haechan's phone resting in the bedside table. She picked it up not knowing who the caller was since it showed an unknown number.

" Hello? " Jia greeted. The line turned silent for a second until someone spoke.

" Where's Haechan? And why are you the one picking up his phone? " A thin, high pitched voice hissed through the phone.

" I'm sorry, but who are you? " Jia asked. A chuckle was heard on the phone, " I'm the one who should be asking that, who are you? " The voice sassed.

" I asked first though, " Jia continued.

" I'm Haechan's cousin, Hera. You are? "

*  *  *

" I gotta go, you can just take whatever is in the fridge for breakfast, eat okay? I really need to go now. " Haechan said, rushing to get his keys before ruffling her hair and walked his way out.

He seems to be close with that cousin of his. Must be something he didn't tell us, Jia wondered. Surely, Haechan had not once told them he had a cousin nor introduced them to a family relative. Haechan is an only child and in years of their friendship, he never told her or them that he had a cousin.

All he told her earlier after the phonecall, was that Hera, his cousin wasn't really that close to him because she lived abroad. Although they communicated online but that was it. No more interactions.