It wasn't really love, was it?

"Once upon a time, long, long ago... well, more like 20 years ago... Belle married her Beast in front of 6,000 of their closest personal friends. Big cake. "

They mainly chuckled at her remark, Ben at least couldn't help but think that Mal may be a little angry cause she now wants cake. She did get bitter if she doesn't get cake.

"Yeah, so instead of a honeymoon, Beast united all of the kingdoms and got himself elected king of the United States of Auradon. He rounded up all the villains and sidekicks... basically all the really interesting people... "

"We're interesting!" Audrey huffed, Mal rolled her eyes. "Some if you may be, but far from all of you. I mean we VK's had a cool childhood with adventure while yours was filled with safety and manners" She had a pony but she had yet to know how different her own boyfriends childhood was. It really wasn't the best.

"and he booted them off to the isle of the lost with a magical barrier to keep them there. This is my hood. No magic. No wi-fi. No way out. Or so I thought. Hang on, you're about to meet us. But first this happened."

"Or so you thought- doesn't sound good to me"  while the VK's glared at Doug he shrugged. "You are great and such but letting them out before the change and the reunion between you guys and the pirates I feel like it wouldn't have been the best idea."

In Auradons Beast Castle Ben was being fitted for a new suit.

"As handsome as always" Mal murmured to him as she looked at him- on the screen and in person. But in person more cause he was hotter to be honest with you. Very simple, he matured and the stubble he has is very attractive.

"Sleeve. Head. Ah-ha!" Ben sighed as he fidgeted relentlessly. His parents walked in and his fathers voice booms in the room. "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" His mother, whose hand was hooked into his fathers arm, rolled her eyes slightly. "He's turning 16, dear."

Many looked at the screen with a slight frown, had they not known the condole better they would have thought that they weren't really in love...

"Hi pops," Ben said, entering their conversation. "16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42." His mother looked extremely offended, gaping at her husband. "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."  Beast stilled slightly before looking sly. "Ah, it was either you or a teapot. '' Ben let out a laugh. "Kidding."

"Or not" Ben thought. His father wasn't happy and his mother was manipulative and abusive. But maybe, his past would be shown to and maybe his father would be free.

"Mom, dad..." He started moving forward only to be stopped by the tailor. He huffed. "I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the isle of the lost, be given a chance to live here in Auradon." His parents looked incredibly angry and he felt the need to defend himself. "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned." He looked out of the window at the isle.

"You shouldn't, it wasn't you who did anything. You didn't partake in that decision, you where just as old as we were, just a toddler!" Mal told him gently. He shouldn't blame himself but she knew he did. He smiled slightly gripping her hand as he knew better than to argue.

His father was especially furious. "The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" He was almost shouting and Ben looked slightly frightened by his fathers temper.

Adam sighed. "I'm sorry Ben, I let my temper get the better of me" Ben smiled at his father, it was no big deal really.

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them." Ben told him. "Have you?" Beast almost growled out his anger. "I gave you a second chance. Who are their parents?"  She did have a point he had to admit, as much as he hated to admit it she did give him a second chance.

More frowns appeared, it didn't sound playful but instead full of loath and it made them think. It didn't look good for the couple yet. Was their relationship not as good as they thought it was?

But now after years of marriage he realized he didn't love her. The feelings he had for her was simple but the closest to love he'd ever had to a woman during that time.  But now after years he realized it wasn't love.

Belle turned red as she turned to him gaping along with others. "I gave you a second chance and this is how you thank me?" She faked sobbing and curled up into herself. Ben rolled his eyes having dealt with her before. Mal gaped at the couple and at Ben. What was it that was kept from her?

He didn't have to love her for it to break the curse, she only needed to love him. She wasn't who he thought she was but it was too late to do anything about it now.

Her eyes widened and she gasped. "I am too good for you!" She hissed at him as she slapped him. Gasped filled the theater, and Mal restrained her quickly. "It's never to late to fix a wrong" she told her sharply. "You skit happen to be that mistake"

He tried to go to a lawyer but she was more likely to win a lawsuit as she could claim he hurt her. With his known temper and what's left of the beast enchantment he would be accused of being an abuser. And most likely that would lead to Ben being in her custody.

Bens shudder was all Mal needed to know before her eyes glowed green dangerously

-

Late update, hope u enjoyed it!! It was more of bens memory now and a little look into what "Bens hidden past" (the sequel) might be about :)