Reunion part 2

Sammy clasped her hands over her mouth as she watched the news reporter talk about Raleigh's injuries a few hours later in a restaurant. "Earlier today, PPDC Ranger Raleigh becket, pilot of Gipsy danger was gravely wounded while battling a category III codenamed: Knifehead in the gulf of Alaska." The news reporter said. "This incident may hint at the tide of this war changing as this proves the theory that the hybrids are getting more and more intelligent with every attack."

"I don't believe it." Sammy's younger ten year old sister remarked. "I thought the Jaeger suits were supposed to be unstoppable."

"They are. Aren't they?" Her mother asked and Sammy just nodded.

"They're supposed to be." Sammy said trying to reassure her family.

"Gipsy danger despite having it's lower left arm ripped off and drift core and most of the right side of it's helmet missing the Jaeger suit will not be put into retirement." The news reporter continued.

"Well that's some good news." Sammy's father grumbled.

"However almost an hour after Knifehead attacked Azure Chaos and Paladin ultra were deployed against dinosaur that somehow made it off of Isla Sorna." The news reporter said and the news broadcast showed a recording of the mark V-E Azure chaos and the mark III Paladin ultra fighting a fully grown Spinosaurus in downtown Manila. "Thankfully the dinosaur was subdued before anyone could be hurt, however authorities are still confused on how the therapod made it off of the island."

"Look at the size of that thing, it's almost twenty feet tall!" Someone shouted at another table in the restaurant.

Sammy then sat uncomfortably at the table shortly after the news broadcast changed topics to that of the weather forecast. "I don't believe it, deploying a Jaeger suit against a normal dinosaur especially one that was probably scared and confused. The nerve." Sammy's mother remarked.

"Right but it was still a danger to innocent people, plus they probably weren't even sure if it was a normal Spinosaurus even." Sammy's father said in reply while Sammy remained silent the whole time.

"Sammy? Is something wrong?" Her mother then asked her.

"It's nothing mom." Sammy said basically ignoring her mom. The truth was that she was worried for Ben and Kenji's safety, same with Yaz's.

Yasmina had moved to San Diego a few months ago and San Diego was not close enough to the Los Angeles shatterdome so that the Jaeger suits would take a while to be deployed if a hybrid attack.

She was worried that Kenji and Ben would be hurt just as badly as Raleigh was or worse. Killed. But she knew that Ben would most likely prefer die in the line of duty, piloting Striker eureka.

She remembered him saying "if I die, I want to die cancelling the apocalypse so that humanity can survive". Those words stuck with her for some reason but she didn't know why.

Brooklynn meanwhile watched as Ben talked about the incident in an interview. "Although Knifehead managed to heavily injure Raleigh and badly damage Gipsy danger I do not believe that this is a sign of the tide of the war turning." Ben said to the news reporter.

"Do you think anymore incidents like this will happen in the future?" The news reporter asked.

"No, I do not believe that any more incidents like this will happen in the future." Ben answered speaking into the microphone.

"What are you're thoughts on the 'wall of life' project?" The reporter asked.

"I think it would be a waste of time and resources since Jaeger suits still are humanity's best weapons against these hybrid monsters." Ben said and proceeded to walk away still in his dive suit.

"I can't believe that people are already doubting the Jaeger suit program." Brooklynn's father remarked as he looked at an article on the internet while sitting down on a chair.

"Yeah well the moment something proves ineffective the slightest people turn their backs on it." Brooklynn said not looking at her father. She remembered when she watched the news broadcast of Valor omega engaged Belobog in Vancouver and how easily the mark V-E had killed the category III.

It was almost like when Romeo blue had killed Hardship in Los Vegas and the jaeger suit was then paraded down the streets of the city hours after. "That's true but the jaeger suits have still held off hybrid's as well as they used to." Her father said. 

"Right but remember when Gipsy danger and Whirlwind beta engaged Yamarashi in Los Angeles?" Brooklynn asked. 

"Yeah when Whirlwind's missiles deflected off of it's armoured hide and Gipsy used a crane cable to decapitate it?" Her father said and Brooklynn nodded in confirmation. 

"Yeah, do you think that Raleigh started to get cocky after killing Yamarashi?" Brooklynn asked and her father shook his head. 

"I would say that he got cocky after Barb-tail attacked Manila and when Gipsy, Horizon brave, and Lucky seven were deployed." He said. 

"Fair point." Brooklynn said. 

"I wouldn't stress much of it Brooke, chances are the jaeger suits will finally end this war soon." Her dad said and Brooklynn just nodded and then sent a message on the group chat to her fellow campers. 

The message said "We need to meet up. Now".