Try outs part 1

"Mr. Becket, I'm sure you're familiar with Herc and his son Ben." Stacker said and Raleigh looked at Ben.

Raleigh noticed that Ben had grown a lot taller since the last time he saw him.

"We rode together before didn't we once?" Herc asked Raleigh as the two shook hands.

"Yes sir, Manila. A Three Jaeger suit team drop against Barb-tail." Raleigh said.

"Now I remember." Herc said. "Sorry to hear about what happened to you in Anchorage."

"Yeah it's really unfortunate about what happened." Ben grumbled sarcastically.

"Don't mind him, he's gotten cocky over the years of killing hybrids with next to no injury received." Herc said to Raleigh.

"Herc I need to speak to you." Stacker said and Herc walked up next to him. "Mr. Becket, Ms. Mori will escort you to your Jaeger suit."

The two then started to walk off until Raleigh walked up to them.

"Marshal, what am I doing here exactly?" Raleigh asked.

"You see Striker there?" Stacker asked pointing to the mark V. "We're going to mount a thermo-hammerhead bomb onto it's back after we find where the hybrids are coming from and you along with three other Jaeger suits are going to be escort for him."

"We tried that before, every single time the recon teams were either unsuccessful or were killed." Raleigh said.

"This time will be different." Stacker said as he then turned away and walked off with Herc following soon after.

Mako then showed Raleigh to his Jaeger suit and he stood eyes widened. "Gipsy danger." Raleigh mumbled as he noticed that the old mark III was almost fully repaired.

"She has a completely new reactor core with new weapon systems along with a newly replaced drift core module and a new Jaeger suit A.I. system." Mako said. "She's one of a kind now."

"She always was." Raleigh said. "But I wonder what her hull is made out of?"

"Solid iron with no alloys." A familiar voice said.

Raleigh turned around to see Tendo choi walking up and the two hugged.

"How have you been?" Raleigh asked.

"Fine, but tried. Been staying up way to late on H-watch duty in LOCCENT." Tendo answered.

Raleigh glanced over at Gipsy again as it's J-tech crew were just finishing up repairing the last bit of damage that the years of neglect in Oblivion bay and what Knifehead had done during their fight.

Raleigh wondered if they had repaired the dive suit armour for Gipsy or had just replaced it. "So which way to my quarters?" He asked and Mako motioned for him to follow her.

The two walked for a good thirty minutes in silence until they arrived at what would be Raleigh's quarters. "Thank." Raleigh said gratefully and Mako bowed her head to him slightly and then walked off.

Raleigh stepped inside his quarters and placed his bag down on the floor. Inside wasn't much, there was a standard bunk with a nightstand nearby it along with a mini fridge.

Raleigh guessed that candidate training for piloting Gipsy was going to begin tomorrow. But he wasn't sure at what time.

Raleigh flopped down on his bed and he realized that Mako had replaced the old A.I. with a new system. "I wonder if it's more advanced along with the new weapon systems." Raleigh wondered out loud.

He thought about what new weapons were mounted on Gipsy. He thought about a Sabre chain similar to what was mounted on Chaos nemesis or Tesla blades like what were mounted on Azure defiant.

Raleigh just decided to got to bed. In the morning Raleigh got up, got changed and then headed down to the mess hall to get something to eat.

When he entered he noticed all the Jaeger suit teams had their own tables, all of which were near the serving area were the food was brought from.

Aleksis sat at his table with the crew of Cherno alpha with him. He was playing some Ukrainian hard house as well.

Wei sat with the Crimson typhoon crew at another table. Raleigh also noticed the pilot and crew of Puma real and Tango Tasmania at the table as well.

He didn't meet the crew for Gipsy danger yet.

"Raleigh over here!" An Australian voice called out and Raleigh noticed Herc Hansen. "We've got plenty of food at our table."

Raleigh sat down in front of Chuck who was giving their bulldog, Max some table scraps. Herc passed some bread to Raleigh which he took. "The beauty of an open port, you basically get everything." Herc said.

"Yeah, I can't even the last time I had actual bread." Raleigh answered as he grabbed a piece. In Anchorage pilots normally ate standard MREs.

"So Raleigh, what job did you take up after you quit?" Ben asked suddenly.

"Construction." Raleigh answered as he bit into his food.

"Right, so if we're in a fight you can just build out of the situation." Ben said.

"Ben be nice." Chuck warned. "He's been a ranger since the mark III days, show some respect."

"Whatever Chuck." Ben answered sarcastically.

"So when do try-outs for piloting Gipsy begin?" Raleigh asked after swallowing some food.

"In about an hour or so." Herc said.

"Alright." Raleigh said as he finished and then disposed of his leftovers and left to go take a shower.

An hour later he entered the kwoon combat room and he grabbed his wooden staff as the trainees lined up.

"This will be fun." Raleigh muttered to himself as the first guy approached him.