Try outs part 2

The first candidate swung his Hanbo staff at Raleigh aggressively and Raleigh jumped backwards to dodge the attack. Raleigh swung his staff at the candidate and managed to tap him on the shoulder.

"One to zero." Mako said counting Raleigh's hit.

Candidate one lunged his staff forward at Raleigh but he dodged yet again and tapped him on the thigh.

"Two to zero." Mako counted again.

Soon in only a minute, Raleigh had scored five points against the first candidate who stepped off and let the second candidate try.

The second guy circled Raleigh cautiously and slowly and then thrusted his staff forward at him and managed to get a hit on him.

"Zero to one." Mako said.

However shortly after that Raleigh scored a point by tapping his opponent on the shoulder with his staff.

"One to one." Mako counted, giving Raleigh a point.

Raleigh then proceeded to score four more points on his opponent who only scored one more point on Raleigh and Raleigh once even knocked him down onto the mats.

Right before the third opponent could step onto the mats Raleigh turned around to Mako. "Okay what's your problem?" Raleigh asked.

"What do you mean?" Mako asked.

"Whenever I finished taking down an opponent, you make this face." Raleigh said. "Is it their performance or something?"

"It's not their performance, it's yours." Mako said. "You could have taken them down in one move earlier."

Raleigh just turned back around to face his opponent and muttered to himself. "Okay let's try that."

His opponent leapt at him and Raleigh countered by tapping him on the shoulder after dodging his attack.

His opponent then attempted to tap him again and again with his staff but Raleigh always countered and scored four more points against him.

Raleigh then noticed Mako making the face again.

The mark III pilot let out a sigh. "Okay, get in the ring."

"Mr. Becket, we will be sticking to the list for pilots." Stacker cut in.

"With all due respect sir." Raleigh began. "You don't think you're brightest can cut it in the ring?"

Stacker looked over to Mako and then said. "Go, I'll count."

Make then took off her jacket and shoes and stepped onto the mats, wielding her own hanbo staff.

She lunged at him like a fencer and Raleigh jumped back.

As if she calculated it Mako brought her staff down on Raleigh but he blocked it but she then jabbed him in the stomach. "Ms. Mori, more control." Stacker said as he gave her the point.

Mako looked a bit ashamed.

Raleigh then used this moment to knock her off her feet using his staff.

However shortly after that Mako scored two more points on Raleigh.

"Alright that's enough you two!" Stacker said.

The two then ceased their sparring match.

"Mr. becket you will report to LOCCENT at five pm sharp, today." Stacker ordered. "And you then you will see who will be replacing you in piloting Gipsy danger."

"Yes sir." Raleigh said as he then put away the hanbo staff and left after putting on his shoes.

Raleigh walked down to his quarters and noticing Mako enter her own quarters as he passed by. "I should probably hit the shower." Raleigh muttered to himself.

Raleigh then walked over to the men's wash rack to get cleaned after all the sparring he was doing. Soon he returned to his quarters and decided there was still a bit of time before the test run for the pilot who got to replace him in piloting Gipsy danger.

Raleigh remembered noticing Ben watching the sparring. "I should've told him to get in the ring for a good thrashing." Raleigh sighed.

Only two hours later Raleigh entered LOCCENT as it overlooked all of the Jaeger suits.

"So who's piloting Gipsy?" Raleigh asked.

He assumed it was going to be one of his opponents from back in the trials.

But when he turned around he noticed Mako, clad in a black armoured dive suit.

"That would be me." Mako said and Raleigh raised and eyebrow and glanced over his shoulder at Stacker.

Who just remained silent with his hands behind his back.

"Well, Mako. Suit up and get ready to pilot Gipsy." Raleigh said.