Loki leaving for war

"Loki, please! Do not go!" You pleaded, panicking as Loki kissed your forehead and said goodbye. "I-I am so, so sorry, y/n darling, but I must go. I-I have no choice." Loki said, choking on his words, as you knew that he was trying not to cry. "Please Loki! Please!" You said again, now on your knees with unceasing streams of tears running down your cheeks. Loki could not hold it back any more, seeing you like this hurt him so much, but even more so as he was the cause of your pain, as he burst into tears and joined you in the floor; now holding you close, allowing you to cry into his shoulder while he gently wrapped his fingers within your hair, never wanting to leave you, but, crushingly, knowing he must- to aid Asgard and his family; although, the only member of his family that he would not be aiding would be you. Now you were sobbing uncontrollably, you could not bear the thought of Loki leaving for war. He could die, and you would loose the first and last love if your life. Loki gently pulled your head away from his chest so that he could look into your eyes.

He then placed his hands upon your cheeks as he managed to choke out, "Y/n, I love you, a-and I always will, I hate to see that I-I have hurt you by my actions. Please forgive me..." Loki then placed a delicate kiss upon your forehead, "I-I wish that it could be another way. I am sorry...so, so sorry..." Loki whispered. This only made you cry more, here was the man you loved, the man who was stronger than them all, now crying in front of you, with you, because he did not want to leave you to go to war, to loose his life with you. Loki held you close again, wanting to take your pain away. "Loki, I-I do not want to live without you, even if it is for j-just a few days, but this is war L-Loki!" You whimpered, still shaking, but looking him in the eyes now. "I could loose you f-for good! A-and I can not live without you! I need you, Loki! P-please..."

Loki had no choice, he had to go to war. As much as it broke his heart, he had to leave you behind. Loki looked into your eyes for a moment, before wiping away your tears and kissing your damp cheeks, "Y/n, please do not make it any harder for me than it already is; it breaks my heart knowing that I have to leave the person that I-I love the most. But I must go to war, to protect the nine realms, to p-protect Asgard...but most importantly," Loki then placed a hand on your cheek, while he held your left hand with his other, "I have to protect you." Loki then kissed you deeply, but softly, causing you both to close your eyes. You then felt Loki slide a cool object onto your ring finger. You looked up at Loki in disbelief, who was smiling gently, then down at the beautiful ring which now resided upon your finger. The ring was beautiful, it was a smooth gold band, with three emeralds on top of the ring. You looked up at Loki to see him awkwardly leaning on one knee, as you were both still on the floor, and both still teary eyed. "Y/n m/n l/n, if I survive this war will you take me as your husband to spend the rest if our lives together?" "Yes! Yes, yes, yes! Of course I will!" You both began to cry again, only this time, the tears were slightly happier. You embraced Loki with your heart on your sleeve.

"Please do not cry y/n, my love," Loki said pulling away, "I do not want my last memory of you before I go to war to be of my beautiful fiancé upset. Instead, I would love to see you happy." Loki then began to stroke your cheek with his thumb. You smiled at Loki, but then it faded slightly, "Just...promise me one thing Loki..." "Anything for you y/n." You looked into his eyes with tearful ones of your own, "Come back to me. Promise me that you will come back to me Loki." You said weakly. Loki then pulled you into his chest, kissing the top of your head. "I promise." The two of you just stayed there for a moment, relishing it before you had to be separated from one another. Loki slowly pulled away from you, never breaking eye contact, never wanting to leave. Loki then let go of you all together as he stood up, you soon following after him. Loki then kissed you softly on your forehead, then loving on your lips. Still, keeping eye contact ,apart from when you closed your eyes when you kissed. He looked down at his feet, as did you, and you watched Loki, slowly, begin to walk backwards and turn around. You looked up at him and into his eyes, with his gaze meeting briefly after, before turning around again.

It was painful watching Loki walk slowly toward the door; knowing that this could be the last time that you saw him. Loki reached the door and put his hand on the frame, turning his head to look at you, "I love you." He said, pain clearly evident in his voice, "I love you too." You replied, trying not to cry again, although a tear managed to break free, and spill down your bare cheek, as did a tear if Loki's own. Loki then slowly returned to facing forward, and took the two remaining steps toward the front door. He put his hand on the handle and twisted, all the while looking down. The door opened, and out he went. That was it. Loki was. Gone.