Loki after your death

It had only been a month since your death, since the day Loki had begun to give up on life like he once had before. You meant so much to him! You were his, and his alone. If anybody dared touch you Loki would beat them within and inch of their life had they provoked him enough, but now, you were dead, you were gone. Loki had no one to love him, and nobody to express his love to. He was broken beyond repair, a frail object who's days have been counted and marked, time slowly slipping out of the hourglass of life, slowly coming to an end. Loki dragged his malnourished, bony, from out of your shared bed, falling back down instantly as his once muscular, admirable body, no longer had any strength to hold it's self up as it had began eating away at his muscles due to the abrupt stop of food. He stood up once again, holding onto every piece of furniture that would hold his barley measurable weight as he limped over to your wardrobe. His weakened hand hesitantly opened the doors allowing waves of memories and you scent to wash over him. Loki smiled for a brief second, before realising that this was all he had left of you, memories; of which no more would be added to. You would never remember yours and Loki's wedding day, the first time you would give birth, you would never remember growing old with Loki and living your life like you deserved to. Neither would Loki. Loki could only fantasise, and imagine what it would be like to live the rest of his life with you like he had anticipated to do. But he couldn't, because he didn't save you, he didn't try. He watched you burn, alive, inside that building, screaming for someone to help you, save you, just so you wouldn't die, so you didn't have to bear the excruciating pain any more, but you did. This was because Loki had ran toward the burning building, and he had almost reached it before Thor tackled him to the ground pinning him there with the aid of a few guards. He could have saved you, perhaps if he had fought a little bit more before Frigga came along and cast a spell on him to out him to sleep.

Of course, when he woke up he had thought nothing if it apart from that it was a dream, that was until he found himself in an empty bed. Loki had rushed to the healers, only to find everybody surrounding your still body. "No." He whispered as he took in your badly burnt body. He didn't want this to be true, nobody did. "NO!" He screamed lurching past Frigga who was reaching for him, as he latched his arms around your waist and laid his head upon your motionless stomach, sobbing as tears that were only meant for you to see trailed down his cheeks. Everybody surrounding the two of you tried to pry Loki off, but he wouldn't leave you a second time, he couldn't. In the end, it was you that left him. Frigga, once again, cast a spell over Loki, it broke her heart to loose a child, she couldn't bear to see another one seep into a great depression. Loki woke once again in your -his all too empty bed. Frigga sat by his side, softly stroking his soft hair like you once did whenever Loki was in need of comforting. For a second, he thought it was you, but soon realised it was Frigga. "She's gone..." His hoarse voice came out in a hushed whisper. Frigga had no words to speak. "She's dead..." Loki said sitting up, his read puffy eyes now coming into view from the dimming sunlight as he looked into his mothers sorrowful eyes. "My Y/n... My baby girl... My everything...she -she's...gone." Frigga could do nothing but hang her head in sadness. "How many others died?" Loki asked his voice becoming firmer and more demanding. His mother raised her head before looking at his tear filled eyes. "How many!" Loki shouted, as his body began to shake slightly.

"I-It was only Y/n, Loki, nobody else was in the building. She was the only person harmed by the fire, Loki. I am so sorry. I-" "Only Y/n." Loki whispered, "Only Y/n!" He screamed causing Frigga to jump in her seat. "Of course it had to be 'Only Y/n'! Because everything and everything that I love must be taken away from me and killed! Must it always be this way! What did I do wrong! I-is it because I am Jotun? Because I did not ask to be a frost giant! I did not ask to be feared and hated by everyone! And as soon as I find someone who loves me for what, and who, I am, they must die, why I ask, oh wait! It's because I do not deserve to be happy in life! I do not deserve to be loved! I do not deserve to be here! Have Y/n take my place, let me be dead instead of her! At least I deserve it!" Loki screamed the whole way through while rivers of tears cascaded down his cheeks. "Do not say that Loki." Frigga said gently as she cried tears of her own. "Why not! Anything that ever makes me happy, or makes me feel worthwhile dies! So why have I not died yet! I serve no purpose in life! I have never, and never will, provide anybody in this god damn galaxy with anything useful! So why am I not in the ground yet! Why is it Y/n and not me!" Loki broke down as he tightly held your favourite teddy to his chest, savouring it's scent. The thought of your scent brought him back to the present, as he now sat dishevelled on the floor, crying silently. 'This is it.' He decided as he spotted your favourite dagger placed neatly on the bottom of your wardrobe. 'I can not take it any more! I need to be with Y/n.' He placed the dagger tip on his heart before he holding it at an arms length before uttering his last words, "I am coming baby girl. I love you Y/n." Loki then plunged the dagger into his chest, howling and screaming in pain as his broken heart was pierced once again. His back hit the floor as his eyes stared wildly out to the stars that you had both enjoyed so many times together.

You, Frigga and Thor were walking toward yours and Loki's chambers when Frigga spoke up. "He is going to be so happy to see you Y/n, and I am sure that you will be happy to see him too, but remember, you are still very weak so-" Frigga was interrupted by Loki's screams. "Loki." You whispered before running to your chambers and flinging the doors open. You screamed. Loki lay there on the floor, in a pool of his own blood with your dagger in his chest. You ran over, and fell to your knees beside him as you laid his head on your lap. Loki's eyes slowly met yours. "Y-Y/n?" You nodded, your tears falling and merging into Loki's own. "T-They told m-me you were d-dead." "What?" You whispered, kissing his forehead gently, then his wavering lips before looking behind you to find both Frigga and Thor crying. "Why?" You and Loki both asked in broken unison. "We did not want to provide you with false hope, Loki. We thought that it was best for you-" "Ahhhh!" Loki screamed out in pain as he grasped your hand lovingly, yet tightly. "Y-Y/n...promise me one thing..." "Anything Loki..." You sobbed holding him close. "Wait f-for me... I love y-" "NO!" You screamed, shaking Loki's now lifeless body, as his glazed eyes stated up into yours. You gently pulled the dagger out of Loki's heart before whispering to yourself. "At least you will not have to wait long darling." As you drove he dagger deep into your heart, twisting it left and right before you lost your abilities to do anything. Your vision began to blur, "I love you to Loki." You whispered as your torn heart stopped beating.