Walking through the gardens with Loki

It was a beautiful night upon Asgard, the stars were shining and there was a beautiful cool breeze crossing the city, all bathed in soft moon light. And you were forced to watch the beautiful sight from your balcony. Loki had told you not to leave your chambers, let alone the palace, and to stay put until he returned. From where? He did not say. But all you knew was that you would listen to Loki and patiently wait for his return... Even if it had been five hours ago. You were wearing an ankle length green and black dress which hung loosely from your body, it was made out of the finest silk in all of the nine realms. It was a Christmas present from Loki, this had been the first time you had worn it, you did not want to spoil the material. You walked in from the balcony and picked up Loki's amulet, it was one of his most treasured possessions, and turned it over and over in your hands, it was only then that you realised how much you actually missed him, even though you knew he was within the palace. You looked around the room, just to double check that nobody was in your chambers with you. It was empty. Perfect. You looked back down at the amulet before gently sliding it over your head and letting the pendent rest on your chest. You jumped when you felt a pair of lean arms wrap gently around your belly. "Hello love." Loki said resting his head upon your shoulder. You smiled and ran your hand through his hair as he kissed your cheek and neck.

"Hello sweetheart." "And hello baby..." Loki said rubbing your slightly swollen belly lightly. He then stood in front of you, while keeping eye contact, and kissed your bump, causing you to giggle and blush. Loki stood up and his eyes travelled down to his amulet, he smiled while twisting it within his grasp. "Oh! I am sorry Loki I-" You say taking off the pendant and handing it to Loki, "Hush, y/n, you have nothing to apologise for," He said returning it to it's place upon your neck, "It is one of the things I love the most," Loki said fasting it in place, "And it looks even better upon the woman I love the most." You blush and look down at the floor, only to have Loki, delicately, lift up your chin connecting his lips to yours. You pulled away smiling, "Loki can we please do something! I know that it is late but, I just need to get out of the palace." Loki looked up in thought before looking out to the balcony, and back to you, "How about a night time walk in the gardens?" "Perfect!" You chimed as you began to instantly pull Loki toward the door. "Woah, woah, woah there!" Loki said standing in front of you, causing you to stop -and frown-. "Surely this is not the way it should go," he said putting his hands on your waist and earning a confused look from you. "It should go a bit like, this!" He said picking you up bridal style, "Loki! Wha-" You were silenced by Loki planting soft kisses on your lips, cheeks and neck.

He began to walk and all you could focus on were his beautiful green eyes looking else where at the moment. Loki then caught you gazing up at him and turned his attention towards you, smiling, "And what are you looking at?" He said sarcastically, "Only the best thing in my life." Loki shook his head slightly and chuckled to himself, you then lent your head against his chest, listening to his soft heart beat. A short while later Loki set you down, "Come on love, we are here now." You rested your head against Loki's shoulder and intertwined your fingers with his as you walked out into the twilight stricken gardens, whilst being enveloped by a welcome sense of freedom, and having Loki wrap an arm around your waist, securing you to his side. You walked in silence for a few moments, just admiring the pure beauty of the gardens, before making small talk to Loki, "What is your favourite time of day Loki?" "Favourite time of day..." Loki repeated, biting his bottom lips before replying, "Sunrise, y/n. The time when I wake up and I know that a beautiful day will follow as long as I see you by my side." He gave you a quick glance with this, and you returned it with rosy cheeks and a softly bitten lip, that was before you saw something move off to the side of Loki. "Y/n? Darling are you okay? You have gone pale my love..." He said stopping in his tracks. "I-I saw something-someone Loki, over there, watching us..." You trailed off, while pointing over to where you had seen the figure.

Your grip on Loki's hand tightened as he turned around for several seconds. "Are you sure my dear? There is nothing there now." You looked up into Loki's eyes, yours glazed with certainty, and he nodded, knowing that you had seen something, even if it was an animal. "Loki, love, I would like to go back now please..." You whispered, looking back toward the palace, now unaware of the presence behind Loki. "Of course my de-" WHACK! Loki's limp body fell towards yours, while a sweaty hand clamped over your mouth. Loki's head was bleeding slightly and a dark figure stood behind him with a knife pressed on his neck. "Make a noise, princess, and we will slit his throat!" One of the shadows snarled into your ear. You did not know how to respond, so you just choked back the tears the best you could and nodded your head violently, before a blunt weapon came into contact with it and knocked you out. You awoke, slumped in a chair, of which you were tied up to, covered with cuts and bruises, and with a lingering feeling of violation. "Well well! The princess finally wakes from her slumber!" The same voice as before growls. You flinch at the sound and look up to find them still shrouded in darkness, but one of them was moving towards the back of you. You looked forward and saw Loki, gagged with rope with his limbs tied as he kneeled on the floor.

You pleading eyes met his sorrowful ones, before one of the thugs punched you in the jaw. "Hunghh!" Loki tried to shout but failed. "What was that 'Oh mighty prince'?" One asked bowing sarcastically before ripping off the ropes that surrounded Loki's mouth causing his face to tense in pain. "I-I, said, stop..." "Oh okay then. I will just do something else then!" He said signalling the other man to untie you from the chair, but to keep you bound on the floor. Loki stared at you with regret as the man pulled out a... gun. "I got this from Midgard, you know the place where you like to go on holiday? Yeah... Well, I thought that I would bring back a 'little' souvenir," be said loading a single bullet and coming to stand by your side. Your face was masked with terror as reality set in. You were going to die, along with your baby... "You see, I have not yet had a chance runout it to proper use, so I thought, why not use it now!" You felt the cool metal of the gun touch your temple. "NO! Please! She is of child! Please! Spare her! Take me!" Loki pleaded before being booted in the groin, adding more force to his growing river of tears. His eyes never left yours, not for one moment. "A child huh? Well then! Even more reason to kill it first!" You heard a click, the pump of the gun. "Y/n..." Loki whispered, his eyes apologising for his actions. "L-Loki..." You whispered as-