Return to Earth (Loki)

You stood there, twiddling your thumbs as it came closer to three o'clock in the afternoon. You kept glancing at the clock, wishing for the hands to go back in time, not forward! You sighed, while tracing the pattern which flowed across your wedding ring. It was beautiful. It was made of a metal unknown to you, but it seemed to swim with blacks, golds, greens and greys, all of which were your favourite colours to be surrounded by. A small smile crept up onto your face, remembering the day that your true love placed that ring upon your finger and devoted himself to you, as you did to him. You heard soft footsteps, not quite pulling you fully out of your thoughts, but enough to cause you to smile a bit more. He walked softly into you, as he snaked his arms around your torso, holding you close, while he burrowed his head into the crease of your neck. You felt his warm breath escape from his nose and travel down from your jaw to your shoulders, making you shiver and giving you slight goosebumps.

You relax back into his form, feeling his abs soft, yet firm, cradling your body as he slowly rocked you from side to side. "Y/n, darling. What bothers you?" You sigh and lean your head against his, "Nothing, my love." He nudges further into your neck; and you bring your hand up to stroke his hair. "Y/n, is this because we have to return to midguard to visit you family again?" You sighed, you knew that he already knew the answer to his own question. He stood up straight and placed a small kiss on your neck as he did so, and entwined his hands with yours as he spun you around to face him. "What happened last time wasn't your fault, y/n." You look down at the floor, only for Loki to lift up your chin so that he was able to gaze into your eyes. His thumb remained on your cheek, with his fingers just beneath your ear. "You have to stop blaming yourself for something that you didn't do," His thumb caresses your cheek as he continues, "It was an accident. And it was *not* your fault!" You look deep into his eyes, and bring your hand up to hold his close to your face; you then look down and sigh. It was your fault, you had always told your self so. "It was my fault Loki...it was..." "No it wasn't." He raised his voice a little, not to sound aggressive, but just to prove his point. "Yes it was Loki!" You almost shouted, as you looked him dead in the eyes, whilst on the verge of tears. He looked down upon you with sympathy, he hated seeing you like this. He pulled you into a much needed embrace and you instantly wrapped your arms around him and began to sob. "Shh, it's okay, it's okay." He said while he gently smoothed down your hair, and stroked your back.

He was the only person that you could console in, the only person who would listen and understand you in the way that somebody should. All because he had went through the same pain before by himself. Loosing his mother and taking on the burden that was left behind. As the memories raced through your mind your breathing began to quicken. You saw the moment of which she fell backwards off of the building, arms flailing, and her eyes pleading for help; yet all you did was to meet her eyes and reach out a desperate hand of which she would be to far gone to catch. Your mind was clouded by the reflection of her falling body off of the thousands if panels of glass which formed the sky scraper, and the screaming of Loki as you stood back from the edge only to get a jumping distance. But Loki had managed to catch up with you and hold you with his arms folded across yours as you kicked and screamed. You belonged with your mother. Dead. After all you had killed her. You were the one who had tripped and pushed her over the edge. It was you. You. Nobody else. You were now hyperventilating, and kneeling with Loki ,also kneeling, holding you firmly by the shoulders, with a worried expression coating his face. You couldn't feel any thing apart from the warm tear tracks and Loki's vice like hold on you. "Y/n. Calm down darling." Loki's soft voice brought you back to normality, and you lent your forehead against his.

"I'm sorry Loki." "You have nothing to be sorry for y/n." Before you could protest his lips were upon yours, and his hands on your cheeks. At first you stiffened, as he took you by surprise, but you instantly relaxed, and leant into the kiss afterwards. You entwined your fingers within his hair and pulled him that little bit closer. This was the one thing that you could not , no matter what, risk losing. Even if it meant that you had to lay down or lose your life. You didn't care, you just couldn't live without him. "I love you Loki." You said breaking the kiss. His smile radiated through you, causing you to smile also. "I love you too y/n" Loki stood up and offered a hand to pull you up; you accepted. "I think that it's time to go my love." Loki said as he gestured toward the clock. It was five minutes to three. You sighed. "I suppose so." He then spun you around and picked you up like he had on the day of your wedding and carried you to your horse. "I say we have a race." Loki said smirking. "Like you would stand a chance against me!" You boastfully replied. "Well...I say that we get going then!" And he took off. "Hey!" You shouted after him, also spurring your horse on. "That's not fair!" "I do what I want y/n! You should know that by now! I don't play by the rules!" Typical Loki.