8: "Leave Before You Ruin My Mood."

The nobles immediately hushed themselves when the two royals entered the celebration.

They all stared at the Emperor, holding the celebrant Princess' hand.

Jennette quickly took initiative and walked in front of Athanasia and Claude.

She curtsied, "Father, I've come to the coronation to congratulate sister Athanasia." she said, with a faux gleefullness. The nobles at the side awed at her modesty.

Claude glared at her coldly, his jewel blues dim as he darkly stared down at her like she was a mere commoner. The nobles were shocked.

Why would the Emperor, who treasured Jennette for years, act like this towards her?

Jennette flinched. Just like at the debutante ball.

"I didn't invite you." the Emperor said coldly; emotionless. Jennette flinched again, eyes wide. Duke Alpheus didn't tell her it had an invitation.

"But father, Ijekiel and unc-"

"Quiet. From now on, you are not part of the Imperial Family. And didn't I tell you not to call me that?"

Her eyes widened even more.

She looked up, "Bu-!"

"And your eyes. Don't they look dull?" Duke Alpheus flinched.

"Your intelligence is low and you have no etiquette. Either way, you're not a fit ruler." Athanasia flinched even though those words weren't meant for her.

Jennette's eyes stayed widened at the insults. Claude hated how much she resembled a younger Anastasius.

"Leave before you ruin me and ny daughter's mood."

He signalled for the royal guards to take her away as she looked down, eyes now glistening with tears.

The nobles didn't like the site.

"Your majesty," a noble started, "I'd hate to protest-"

Claude glared at the random noble. The noble stiffened. "And that commoner." Claude ordered the guards to take the noble away as well.

Jennette clenched her fists together.

"Father, how could you do this to me...? I'm your DAUGHTER!!" she screeched at the end of her speech.

The Dukes, Marquess and Counts who wanted to protect her well-being were put-off when they heard her sudden screech.

It was... un-modest. For them.

Athanasia was the most shocked.

The blonde Princess worriedly looked at Jennette. "Jennette, calm down! Father just-!"

"SHUT UP! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Jennette once again screamed.

Claude scrunched his nose in disgust while Duke Alpheus outwardly cringed. Ijekiel's eyes widened at Jennette's completely different behavior. The nobles all stared as the Princess they once doted on became the most disdainful in the Empire.

Claude glared at her again, and for the last time.

"A patch of dirt beneath my foot dares insult my daughter during her coronation..."

The royal guards grabbed her arms and Duke Alpheus did nothing but watch as his 'niece' was taken away.

Jennette was about to say something again before she saw the stares the nobles gave her.

Disgust.

It wasn't pity. Not like before.

She then turned to look at her uncle.

Roger Alpheus didn't spare her a glance more. Ijekiel watched her get taken away worriedly; but he couldn't do anything about it, lest he wanted to get taken away with her.

Jennette watched as the image she worked so hard for over the years crumble in just a day.

What did I do to deserve this?

-----

As Jennette was taken away, the nobles started to apologize to Athanasia.

Athanasia accepted all of it and her coronation resumed.

The music played and the nobles started to dance along with it.

Athanasia joined in and Claude watched as she danced together with the other girls her age.

He smiled.

Soon enough, Aeternitas' whole plan will crumble, just like Anastasius' daughter's reputation.

-----

Aeternitas watched through Duke Alpheus as the Princess continued to have fun.

...they're all having fun, even after what happened with the experiment...

He frowned.

They're all the same. Imbeciles who don't have consideration for anyone...

He clenched his fists together tightly. It was a good thing that Roger Alpheus was weak enough to be his host for the time being while Anastasius' body was healing.

He had full control of this body.

It's good that he's...

A hand grasped his shoulder.

...huh?

-----

Claude would dance with Athanasia for a second time later after the nobles do.

She had prepared for the dance, and apparently she was good at it.

He could almost laugh at the memory of the first time she asked for a dance with him. Felix had been insistent he agreed. Not like he wouldn't.

The main event of the coronation would begin later, as it is currently nighttime and she will be Crowned Princess by the morning, in front of the entire Empire.

This was only the preparation ball of sorts, after all.

Things aren't going to be all happy-happy, of course. He has plans for after Athanasia's coronation; plans that include his dear brother, and an ancestor.

But for now, he'll let his daughter have fun before the real story begins.