9: Continuation

Finally, the song Athanasia requested came on and the nobles quickly walked to the side to give the Royals space.

Claude and Athanasia stood apart from each other and they both bowed, now approaching each other.

Claude noticed that his daughter was still nervous but he calms her down with a firm hold on her hand.

They change to a dance position and they both mesmerize the people watching them.

The Emperor and the soon-to-be Crowned Princess, dancing together like heavenly creatures as the light from the chandeliers illiminated their golden blonde hairs.

However, Claude also noticed that this time, Athanasia didn't step on his foot. Rather, she was graceful.

Not that she was as a 14-year-old, of course. And she was a lot taller.

They both continued in-sync before the music ended and they both stopped dancing.

The nobles cheered for them after and they soon continued to party.

Claude prepared for the Coronation to first be a celebration, and then later the actual coronation, and then after, the celebration after becoming Crowned Princess.

He wanted to milk it despite knowing that Athanasia will be having a better, fuller life after this.

He watched as Athanasia bid him goodbye and she danced with other nobles.

Claude slightly smiled again. A rare sight for someone who isn't his daughter.

-----

"Hey, turn around for a sec," Lucas appeared from behind Duke Alpeus, gripping his shoulder tightly.

Duke Alpeus hid the urge to roll his eyes as Lucas came into his view.

"Duke? Won't you turn around?"

Duke Alpheus clenched his fists closed and he turned around, smiling how Roger Alpheus would.

"So you're the Royal Magician, huh? It's a pleasure to finally meet you." he smiled.

Lucas lost his cocky smirk when Alpheus revealed himself to him.

He let go of the man's shoulder. "...huh." he stared deeply into his yellow eyes, as if trying to solve a puzzle.

Lucas shrugged, looking somewhat annoyed. "...nevermind. Bye." he walks away and disappears into the crowd.

Duke Alpheus just watched closely as the warlock left.

He gritted his teeth with a closed mouth.

I hate this feeling of inferiority...

-----

Athanasia felt a light tap on her shoulder.

She turned around and was greeted with a tuff of bright red hair.

Felix was bowing with his hand stretched out towards her.

He said softly, "Your highness, if I may,"

Athanasia smiled. Felix was now dressed up formally for the celebration, contrary to his earlier look when he ordered the knights to open the doors for them.

The Princess held his gloved hand. "You may."

They danced for a while and Felix wasn't bad at it at all. Amateur, but not terrible.

They continued to dance while the Emperor watched them, glaring slightly at Felix.

The knight could feel goosebumps litter his arm for some reason.

Claude's attention then switched to Lucas approaching him. Many noble girls were already asking him which family he was from and if he was a noble at all.

Lucas ignored them.

"Your majesty." he bowed as he spoke. Claude stared at him, nodding, signalling for him to speak.

The warlock raised his head. "What you said is correct. Duke Alpheus is firmly in Aeternitas' control." he said in a low voice.

Claude hummed. "Is that so..."

His eyes hardened even more as he stared at 'Duke Alpheus' from within the crowd.

"...if you have the chance," he looked away from the 'Duke', "Eliminate the threat."

Lucas smirked menacingly and he bowed. "Of course, your majesty..."

He lifted his head and walked away, long raven hair swaying in the wind.

He whispered, menacing ruby eyes twinkling in delight, "With pleasure."

Someone as weak as Aeternitas was no threat to him.

-----

The celebration ended without any more problems.

The nobles went home without problem as well and the Royals left earlier than them, despite it being a celebration for the Princess.

As they walked out, Claude gave Felix a murderous aura and ordered him to take twenty steps back, since he walked beside Athanasia.

Felix followed the order and walked back twenty times with a tear in his eye.