14: Not So Lovable Anymore

Roger Alpheus' yellow eyes widened when Jennette barged into his office unannounced.

"Jennette... Why... No, how are you here?" he asked, slightly threatened at her cold glare. Her expression was completely unlike Jennette. It was as if... she was being possessed.

Black magic spells circled her body in an ancient language.

The Duke was even more surprised. "Jennette, you can use magic!?" he exclaimed in surprise, impressed but at the same time weirded out that she never told him. Jennette told him everything whenever she could.

But... she didn't seem like the Jennette he watched grow up.

She didn't speak.

She didn't show emotion as spears made of magic made its way towards him.

He didn't know how to defend himself with magic, and from magic.

He just watched, frozen in shock like a deer in front of headlights...

...before another magic barrier appeared in front of him. Red, this time.

An unfamiliar long-haired man appeared in front of him.

He faced off against Jennette, who's jewel eyes were dark with red in her pupils.

The red grew larger when her eyes landed on the long-haired man.

"Lucas..."

A different voice spoke up.

Lucas smirked, although darkly. "What are you doing, tryng to kill everyone?"

Jennette's face twisted into rage, her earlier emotionless facade gone in a second.

A spear was shot towards Lucas this time but the warlock easily breaks it with another spell. He frowned, seemingly annoyed. "What's up with that?" he asked, irritated.

Jennette's face turned angrier. Duke Alpheus now knew she really is possessed. Jennette could never, in a million years, do such a face.

"LUCAS!!"

A completely different, inhuman shout filled the air. It echoed in the room, as that samendark mana started to flare up, causing books and papers to fly around the room.

Lucas stared at Jennette's form boredly, just like that night he visited her.

"This tiny room isn't the right place for a duel." the warlock said, just before he teleported him and Jennette out of there.

Duke Roger Alpheus was left to fix up the mess that was made.

-----

Lucas and Jennette arrived in the garden of the Garnet Palace.

"This is better. Bigger space." Lucas spoke casually. He could feel Jennette's dark mana flaring in anger. She was still Jennette but her mental state currently isn't quite Jennette.

"Athanasia... I must... kill her..."

That was Jennette's voice.

But it was... weak. As if she was trying to fight it.

"I must... Kill... HER!"

Her mana once again flared insanely with rage.

Lucas frowned. Convincing it is. Just for fun...

"Jennette," he called. Jennette's attention snapped to him in an instant. 

"...Princess Athanasia didn't do anything. It was only the Emperor." he reasoned, face devoid of any tricks.