28: Death

Athanasia's eyes widened when she saw her blood on her hands.

The tea she was drinking was now also coated in blood.

Then she felt the need to throw up.

She tried to run outside to call for Felix but the door slammed open. She fell down and she saw from the corner of her eye Felix once again asleep on the floor.

She was alone.

She looked up, fear in her pupils as Anastasius looked down at her with an extremely mischievous smile.

In his hand... was Raven.

It was choking in his grip.

He shut the door, sealing it with magic.

"Scream all you want now, niece. I cast a soundproof spell." he smiled like the Devil.

"Unc... no... Anastasius...!" she croakes out as she was quickly losing her breath the more she saw Raven lose its whimpers to choking sounds.

Anastasius continued to smile, narrowing his eyes as he looked at Athanasia like a predator. His true colors.

Athanasia tried to stand up but Anastasius kicked her on her shoulder with his foot.

"Ack-!" she clutched her shoulder in pain. "Why are you doing this...!?"

She knew why. "I think you know why, Princess." he smiled again. "The throne. I want it."

Athanasia once again tried to lift her body up before Anastasius harshly threw Raven to the floor. Something cracked from the puppy and that only made Athanasia vomit blood.

Blood.

The blood pooled under the blonde like a crime scene.

Anastasius pressed his foot onto the back of Athanasia's head and pressed it down, making her forehead hit the floor in a bow.

"You stupid girl. Do you see how weak you are? Look at your reflection," she saw the fear and pain in her eyes in her reflection in the pool of blood.

"How can a weak girl like you ever possibly think of inheriting the throne? By killing you,"

Athanasia couldn't feel her body. Raven was writhing on the floor in pain, whimpers gone as it continued to move about in pain as if it was convulsing.

Maybe Raven broke bones. Maybe that's why Athanasia couldn't move her body.

Blood didn't stop falling from her closed mouth. She was starting to choke on her own blood.

But tears weren't going to fall.

"I'm doing you a favor, dear niece!"

She started coughing as the blood was also pooling in her throat.

Anastasius took his foot off of the back of her head and crouched down, this time grabbing her throat.

He lifted her limp body from only her throat and for Athanasia, it felt as if a noose was put around her throat.

It felt familiar.

Somehow.

She started choking again as the blood was getting stuck below her throat, making her gag more blood. Her face was paler than before now that air was also constricted from her throat.

She was slowly dying.

A painful, shameful death.

But she won't go without fighting back.