HTTYP Part 9

Later that night at the forge, both Hiccup and Emily were starting to make the saddle for Toothless with Hiccup helping Emily with making her staff. Emily was able to design Hiccup's saddle drawing while adding some symbols on the side of it. Hiccup sewed it all together and lay it down as he admired his work before helping Emily with finishing the staff. They both admired their masterpiece before heading back to Hiccup's house for the night.

The joyful music made everyone perked up as they watch in amazement of the making and bonding of the four on the screen.

The next day, they both didn't have training and they eagerly got their stuff with something to eat for them and the dragons along with the saddle and staff and went to the cove. Hiccup eagerly showed Toothless the saddle as Emily let Optimus examine the staff.

Hiccup neared Toothless to put it on him but the Night Fury had other ideas and playfully ran away from him.

"Hey!" Hiccup exclaimed in surprise yet amusement as he chased after him.

That made everyone laugh in amusement as Emily laugh with Optimus letting out a chuckle.

The Viking teen chased the dragon around the cove while Emily was experimenting with the staff to see if it's not gonna break and it worked. She turned around just in time to see Hiccup caught up to Toothless who decided to let Hiccup put the saddle on him. Emily then took out the rope that she brought and gave it to Hiccup who thankfully smiled at her before tying it to the fin before getting on the saddle.

Hiccup tugged the rope a little and it caused the fin to open. Toothless took a running start and caused Hiccup to hold onto the saddle as Toothless then took off. Hiccup made sure to keep the tailfin open as they were gliding above the pond. It was a rocky start but the flight was fine as Emily and Optimus were flying beside them in case they fell down. Hiccup decided to make a turn and tugged on the rope only for Toothless to go hard right.

"Whoa!" Hiccup cried out in surprise.

Toothless was sent to the right while Hiccup was flying down to the pond but Emily was able to jump from Optimus' back and caught him as Optimus went after Toothless and caught him before he fell in the lake.

"Whoa. Nice jump." Eret commented as Optimus agreed.

"And it looks like you guys have your work cut out for you." Miko said.

Later at the forge at night time, Emily suggested that he should build a harness to keep himself from falling from the saddle. Hiccup quickly got to work with Emily's help. He tested the loop and hook that he attached to the saddle and gave it a few tugs and smiled when it didn't come off.

"The flying gear will be done soon. I'm sure of it." Emily said as she was fixing something on her staff.

"I sure hope I don't fall on the water again." Hiccup grumbled.

"Don't jinx yourself, Hic." Emily told him with a grin which he returned

Hiccup covered his face to hide a smile as Emily pulled him in for a noogie and it caused him to laugh.

The two of them went to Hiccup's house that night to rest up but around midnight Hiccup woke up to Emily tossing and turning on her hammock. He became concerned and woke her up but she sat up screaming as she breathed heavily in cold sweat.

That concerned and confused everyone minus Team Prime who were worried.

Hiccup asked if she was okay but she told him that she wasn't. She told him about her nightmare where she was being controlled by something and that she was scared that it might happen again even though she got over her fear.