HTTYP Part 11

The next day and after a rather awkward conversation last night with Stoick, the two were at the arena for the final day where Gothi chooses who will fight the Monstrous Nightmare tomorrow.

Both Hiccup and Emily felt the bad feeling that Jack was feeling and looked at each other worriedly. Astrid didn't meet anyone's eyes as she remembered this day.

They were against the Gronckle again and quickly went to take cover. Emily purposely made sure that she was out by getting hit by the Gronckle as she looked towards Hiccup who was nervous as heck while wearing the helmet his dad gave him last night.

"Why did you have to be taken out, Ems..." Hiccup groaned while Emily gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Sorry, Hiccup. But you have to do it on your own this one time." Emily said softly.

Astrid had rolled over to where Hiccup was hiding and he tried to move away from her but she stopped him by pushing his shield down and glared at him.

"Stay out of my way! I'm winning this thing." Astrid warned him and Hiccup just gulped.

"Geez. What crawled up her tailpipe and died?" Wheeljack asked as Bulkhead gave him a look as he pointed to some children.

"Good. Please, by all means." Hiccup muttered quietly as he watched her leave much to his comfort.

"Why does it sound like you want her to win?" Tai asked.

"Yes. I want to know as well." Stoick said as he leveled his stare at Hiccup.

"I just don't want or like to kill dragons." Hiccup muttered quietly.

He then stood up and looked up to see his dad watching him with a proud smile. He fixed the helmet on his head and forced out a smile but it only faltered. He saw Emily standing to the side who gave him an encouraging nod as he nodded back. He turned around as the Gronckle was flying towards him.

Astrid followed it from behind as she rolled from wall to wall as she was determined to get the honor. She was not gonna let that screw up and runt of the village tale her victory on the final exam tomorrow. Not even Winters would stop her.

"This time! This time, for sure!" Astrid told herself.

For those who knows Astrid longer, knew she was just jealous.

"Are you sure you weren't jealous, Hofferson? Cause from the looks of it, you are." Unicra commented.

She then charged towards the Gronckle with a battle cry and an axe ready to be swung but what she saw was something that shocked her to the core. No! It was supposed to be her! It was supposed to be her victory! Not the runt!

Hiccup was standing just beside the already down Gronckle as he nervously gestured her towards it but her anger just got the best of her as she started to curse while swinging her axe around in anger.

"NO! NO! SON OF HALF-TROLL, RAT-EATING MUNGE BUCKET!" Astrid yelled out loudly in frustration as Emily just looked at her in confusion.

"Astrid, watch your language!" Her mom scolded her as she winced.

"She could beat a sailor with a mouth like hers." Emily whispered as Hiccup nodded.

"Agreed." Most of the team nodded in agreement.

"Wait! Wait!" Stoick called out.

Hiccup quickly thought of a way to get away and tried to walk away with Emily but was stopped by Gobber.

"So, later." Hiccup said.

"Not so fast, you two!" Gobber told the two as he caught them and put them back down.