HTTYP Part 13

The dreaded day has come and Hiccup was with Emily and waiting for Gobber to let him in while Stoick gives his speech about the day. Hiccup was fidgeting on his spot as Emily has her staff.

"Why did you have the staff with you?" Hiccup asked curiously.

"I just have a feeling that it will be needed." Emily shrugged. This was the future so she doesn't know what's gonna happen.

"Hiccup, what if this plan fails? Your father would do something bad if you tried to show them that there's another way to work with the dragons." Emily said as Hiccup just groaned.

"I gotta agree with her on that one. There's a small chance the chief would go bananas if something were to go wrong. I'm betting in my star spangled shorts that it's gonna be bad and ends up in a much worse situation." Fowler said as Hiccup raised an eyebrow. He looked at Emily for answers what the big man in the suit means.

"Don't ask. Fowler always talks like that but he means well." Emily said as her attention remained on the screen.

"I-I don't know, okay? I'm scared as heck to even step foot in the arena." Hiccup said as he looked up to the cage of the Monstrous Nightmare.

"Who wouldn't be scared?" Snotlout asked with a shrug.

Emily just watched him with pity in her eyes as they were both lost in thought but snapped out of it when Stoick's voice was heard.

"Today, my boy becomes a Viking. TODAY, HE BECOMES ONE OF US!" Stoick announced as Hiccup scoffed while Emily just glared at the roof.

"No I'm not..." Hiccup muttered softly.

"As if he will become one of you." Emily muttered while gripping her staff.

That made Stoick blink in surprise. What? What did she meant by that?

They heard footsteps approaching and saw that it was Astrid who is equally worried and concerned for Hiccup but Emily is the one who's more worried than anyone else.

"Be careful with that dragon." Astrid told him worriedly but he didn't face her as he was watching Stoick go to his seat.

"It's not the dragon I'm worried about." Hiccup muttered.

Then what was he worried about? June, Fowler and the kids all look at each other in concern as Raven looked really worried as Emily and Hiccup looked at each other worriedly at the outcome of their future.

Emily kept silent while looking at Hiccup.

"What are you gonna do?" Astrid asked in worry.

"Put an end to this." Hiccup said as he took a deep breath.

"I have to try." Hiccup added before turning to Emily with pleading in his eyes.

"Hiccup, you'll get hurt if you do it." Emily muttered worriedly.

"I have to at least try, Ems. I'll be okay. I promise. P-Plus, that's the future so it hasn't happened yet." Hiccup tried to reassure her but it didn't erase the worried look in her eyes.

"Emily, Astrid, if something goes wrong... just make sure they don't find Toothless and Optimus." Hiccup said as Emily just nodded.

"Come back in one piece." Emily told him as he gave a small forced smile to reassure her.

Emily fought tears in her eyes as Optimus gave her a side hug as she nuzzled his chassis for comfort.

"We will. Just... promise us it won't go wrong." Astrid said and before Hiccup could even answer, Gobber came to tell him that it's time.