HTTYP Part 14

Hiccup managed to calm himself down a little before he made his way to the docks and watched on from the spot he was on as everyone in the village was loading up on weapons and catapults.

His heart made a painful grip when he saw Toothless being restrained and Emily gagged and tied up by her arms as they were practically struggling while the two were put on the ship.

Ratchet gripped his armrests tightly as he sent a glare towards Stoick.

Stoick looked at the armada and nodded as they were ready to leave for the nest.

"Set sail! We head for Helheim's Gate." Stoick ordered.

When he looked up, he paused when saw Hiccup standing and watching them leave. He just turned his head away and walked to the front of the ship but he still felt guilty for what he did but he masked it up with a glare at Toothless and Emily who both glared back at him.

"Lead us home, Devil." Stoick sneered as all of the ship soon set sail while Toothless lowered his head in defeat.

"He. Is. Not. A. Devil." Hiccup seethed. He was getting sick and tired of how his best friends were being treated.

Emily glanced at where Hiccup is with saddened eyes, sensing that he and his father got into an argument but she can't do anything now except wait for the end.

Hiccup watched helplessly as the fleet soon disappeared from his sights to the direction of the nest and were now in death's walk. He didn't need to turn around when he heard light footsteps but he knew that it was just Astrid as she stood beside him.

"Poor Hiccup..." Raf said sadly.

What Emily said made her think and maybe she could try and get Hiccup back to his senses to try and save the whole boat fleet from their deaths. But she needs to convince him first which will be hard.

"Why not start now, Blondie?" Wheeljack remarked sarcastically.

"It's a mess. You must feel horrible. You've lost everything. Your father, your tribe, your best friends." Astrid started softly but he just rolled his eyes. What does she want now?

"Were you trying to make sense or only making him feel worse?" Starscream questioned.

"I think it was a little bit of both." Breakdown said.

"Thank you for summing that up." Hiccup said sarcastically before he frowned as a thought went through his mind.

"Why couldn't I have killed that dragon when I found him in the woods? It would have been better for everyone." Hiccup said as he was still conflicted why he befriended the dragon instead of killing it.

"That's a question we would like to have an answer to." Eret said.

"Yep. The rest of us would have done it." Astrid agreed with him but she knew that there must be a reason why Hiccup didn't kill it. That there was something that only Emily can see in him.

"So why didn't you...? Why didn't you?" She asked as he didn't know the answers.

That question was in everyone's minds. Hiccup could have killed the Night Fury but instead, he spared it and befriended it in the end. So why didn't he killed it?

He tried to think of an idea why but nothing was coming up.

"I don't know. I couldn't." Hiccup said solemnly.

"Couldn't or wouldn't?" Emily questioned curiously as Hiccup shrugged.

"That's not an answer." Astrid continues to press.