𝙄'𝙢 𝙎𝙤 𝙏𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙《𝙋𝙖𝙪𝙡 𝙈𝙘𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙣𝙚𝙮》

Tw: none

Tw: none

1969

It was another late night, another night where you stayed up just so you could greet the bassist when he got back from a long day at the studio. He had always insisted that you didn't have to wait up for him, since he believed it wasn't fair for you to burn yourself as you awaited his arrival patiently.

He was right, you didn't have to but you still did because you knew when he'd get home that he would need to be engulfed in your arms, especially after a day with a band that was falling apart at the seams. It was not only sad to Paul, but it was sad to you to know that a band that used to be so tight, and ontop of the world at one time was just disintegrating more and more everyday.

The sound of the front door opening made your heavy eyes look up from the book you were reading, and land on a tired Paul. He placed the case containing his bass guitar on the floor, and took his dark coat off only to hang it on the coat hook by the door. His head felt cloudy, and his eyes were just as heavy as yours, even more so after his hectic day in the studio.

You watched Paul rub his eyes, before going over to him and wrapping your arms around his shoulder, embracing him warmly. The scent of his cologne and cigarettes filled your nostrils, while he hugged your frame back, grateful that he had a woman like you to greet him every night with a much needed hug.

"George left the band today" Paul mumbled, feeling salty tears begin to prick his eyes as the reality that he had already lost one of his bandmates, and that the other two could walk out if they really wanted to. You pulled away,  and even though the news was sad, you knew that one of Paul's bandmates were bound to break and leave the band.

"I'm so sorry" You spoke softly, wiping the silent tear that rolled down Paul's cheeks with the pad of your thumb, feeling your heart ache with sadness for Paul and the other bandmates; the band was practically hanging on a thread now.

"I'm sure everything will eventually work out at some point, love" You tried to use words of encouragement, before beginning to lead Paul to your shared bedroom, both of you needing the sleep more than anything else at that moment. Paul loved how you always tried to see the positive things in life, and how you never focus on the negative, even though there were times where it wasn't easy to be so happy-go-lucky about things.

"Hopefully, darling" Paul sighed, watching you pull the covers back on the bed, and lay down on the comfortable mattress. You gestured for Paul to join you, not wanting him to worry about the band anymore for the night, and actually try to get a good sleep instead. The bassist soon pulled his black sweater over his head, and unbuttoned his trousers, tossing them lazily on the floor before crawling into bed with you.

He layed in between your legs, and gazed into your eyes that stared back with sleep laced in them. Although you were burned out, you couldn't help but connect your lips with his, indulging in a sweet, slow kiss that only lasted for a few moments. Paul and you both cracked small tired smiles, and you soon felt his head rest on your chest.

"I don't think you know how much I love you" Paul stated, listening to the soft chuckle that escaped your mouth. You could even say that Paul wasn't aware of how much you loved and cared about him either, but you never refrained from telling him it too.

"And I don't think you know how much I love you too" You spoke contentedly, softly running your fingers threw his dark locks of hair that you always played with whenever you got the chance. The feeling of your hands in his hair made him feel relaxed, as sleep began to take over, and his worries started to temporary drift away.

"Goodnight, love" He practically mumbled, and you already knew that he was almost asleep.

"Night, Paul" Your reply just as quiet as his mumble, before you felt your own eyes flutter shut, and the sleep you had been craving all night finally set in.

~Not Edited

🎉 You've finished reading 《𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂》𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒄 𝑹𝒐𝒄𝒌 𝑰𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔 🎉