The Past and The Future Ahead

.::. 3rd Person POV .::.

Ah summer...

It's the time of freedom and getting away from school for some of the younger people. For others, like our dear Gaz, it's time for graduation. She's in the skool's colors, getting ready to sit through the boring speeches that the staff of the skool and certain peers have made up to get more attention from the parents. Most of the students being seen for their overachieving attitudes throughout the 4 years they've been in hi skool.

The gymnasium, when students peeked into the room, had shown that it was full of parents or other family members being a part of this momentous occasion. Some classmates, once the ceremony started, had already started mentally checking out. Of course, it was mostly because they just wanted to get this thing over with and leave already. While others were taking pictures and posting on social media about finally graduating or being free. Gaz could understand as there were so many other people she could honestly care less about.

However, instead of this event being an obnoxious and tedious occasion, that she was dreading at the beginning of the year. Now, with everything that has happened over this year, she was actually looking forward to this day and whatever the evening plans were.

As she walked out with all the other students, some parents were already cheering for their kids and filming the graduation. She chuckled as she saw the looks of embarrassment on her peers faces as she followed the stream of students. She soon went to the place where she was meant to sit down with the rest of the class.

She looked around and saw her brother with their dad in the crowd... Well, it was really their dad on his floating monitor that he normally had for these kinds of events. She hadn't really minded as it was better than him being physically there for other reasons. If he had been there, he would have had a better chance of finding you and your mother there.

She waved to Dib and her father as she started looking around and caught a glimpse of her mom and you, her baby sister. You both were waving and smiling as you both try and stay hidden away from the professor in the crowd. She smiled softly as her class was finally told to take a seat.

The speeches of the school staff began and people zoned out. They only cheered or clapped when appropriate. During this time, it had been more of a moment for Gaz to start thinking about how things have changed from how they originally were supposed to go. All before having you in her life.

Instead of sitting in this gymnasium, being bored out of her mind here, and wanting to be anywhere else... Her mom, who was assumed to be long gone, was there along with you, her newly found little sister. Her thoughts went to how you both had math classes together and the selfies that she had stored onto her phone with you there. The games that she showed you how to play and the times that she could teach you things instead of it being the other way.

She smiled softly as it was nice to have you both there, hidden away from her father, sure. But to her, you both being physically there, was enough for her. Now, her thoughts were interrupted when the people were starting to be called up to grab their diplomas.

Hers included.

*time skip because unless you perform in the graduation or speak... It's literally just people sitting, listening, and waiting to be called up... And lots of cheering*

Once the ceremony ended, students were gathered outside the school and enjoying their freedom. Taking as many selfies as possible with their friends. They were all headed out to parties or taking all sorts of pictures together to post on their social medias or sharing info to try and keep in touch. That usually didn't happen but, it was better than not trying at all.