.::.Prologue.::.

*Edited 12/13/21

*Original 1/13/17

There is a lab that Professor Membrane is always working in. He makes sure his children don't ever know about this lab specifically. Though he has many other labs found throughout the city, this specific lab, held two people. One was his ex-wife, Y/M/N Membrane. The second was her hybrid child, a half human and half alien creature.

Every time Dib had an outburst about aliens, he would just call him insane and make his son think he didn't believe him. Even though he knew there was nothing but truth in what his son had ever told him.

They existed.

He had seen them before and... His wife, at the time, had developed feelings for one when Dib was a year old. The alien had crash landed in a forest close to the unnamed town they lived in. He was severely damaged from the landing and... something else.

Y/M/N had found the alien while doing a very big search on a new plant life she had found and had been studying. He was brought to her lab to be healed. Later it would be for him to be studied, but more out of mere curiosity. Y/M/N was more focused on trying to nurse him back to health but, feelings began to develop as they got to know each other.

The alien, at the time, was rather young and slightly shorter than her. The alien seemed proud of his height and said he was the tallest of his team. He always held his head high as he said that as if trying to impress her. He had red eyes and much of his uniform was red. She started to just call him, Red.

She soon let him around her baby boy and their 4-year-old girl Gaz. He seemed curious as she held him so closely. Irkens weren't born naturally and were never shown the same affection that she was giving her small little boy. He was also interested in how the girl always stared at him with her caramel brown eyes and how she asked him hundreds of questions, like any curious child.

Red got closer to her and her kin but, he knew it was wrong for his kind to develop feelings of any kind. Let alone have them for a woman who was already taken. Besides, he was born to be a soldier, a killer, a soon to be ruler of the whole Irken armada with the rate of his growth... However, it was happening to him, and he felt it in his squeedlyspooch.

He liked it.

Membrane didn't expect them to have such a strong connection as he was busy with all the new findings on this Alien called Red. He paid less attention to his family as he did this. Red said very little about his people, but he was learning about the people of the earth and the things that were dangerous to his people. He was also finding weaknesses about them as well. When Membrane had found out about the alien and his wife. It was too late however. Dib was 3 and Gaz was 5 turning 6.

Y/M/N had helped Red escape to go back home and she was with another child that wasn't his. She wasn't happy being alone to care for the children. She planned to leave and take both Dib and Gaz with her to a far-off place away from this unnamed town. Her intention was to give the children a loving home and a well-placed education.

Membrane felt that everything was falling apart after losing the Alien as Red had escaped. When hearing that Y/M/N was leaving, he couldn't have his family taken away by the alien. He made it seem like she could leave and had her pack and let the children rest before they left in the morning.

However, he took her to his lab when the children were asleep and placed her into a deep sleep. Little did he know, Irkens grew faster than human children and didn't need the vessel for long. She gave birth in her deep sleep to the hybrid which he had locked up to keep working on his studies.

She was still in her deep sleep after all these years. When the child was born, she was very clingy to her mother. She acted much like a human child but, she was awake and looking at her mother with her bright E/C. She even knew how to speak right off the bat. She spoke softly, "M-mama?"

He took notes on this newly found information and lied to the child about her mother being sick all the time and needing a cure to be released from her newly found deep sleep. He was going to use this child as a replacement test subject, from the one he had just lost. Meanwhile, the Professor had told his children that she had passed away from some accident in her lab.

Gaz was heartbroken to hear about it. She began distancing herself from others and burying herself in her various gameslaves and vampire slayer games to cope with the loss. Dib was still too young to know his mother too well. He did enjoy the paranormal, much like she did and always looked through her old notes about the plant life he could find outside.

Professor Membrane wants them to think their mother is no longer with them and in a happier place. So, they are ignorant about the alien life he and his wife studied. And the child she had with that alien. Membrane checks in on this hybrid girl daily in the hidden lab. He has named her, Y/N.

.:.:. Y/N's POV .:.:.

The professor says that the tests he's been making on me were helping my mom. Some of the tests are odd... he had me sit in water and see if my skin had an allergic reaction or not. Luckily, I didn't. I didn't know people were allergic to something they needed to live.

Anyways, I can only hope that I can get out soon. He promised that it would be soon and, I'll leave with my mom. Today is also visiting day! So, I get to see mom and tell her everything I can in a couple of hours. I know she's sleeping but... Every time I see her... It just makes me happy to see her. And, I know she can hear me...

She has such long and beautiful dark purple hair, and her eyes are a lovely golden honey color that I've only seen when the professor would be taking her vitals. Her skin is very pale, almost sickly and in desperate need of some sun... I do worry about how that may affect her health. Taking her outside to enjoy the sun might be the first thing that I do with her when we are in the fresh air. The professor tells me I look a lot like my father... Just with H/L, H/C hair... that I like to have in a H/S.

I have these odd black antennae that curled into my H/L hair. They are very sensitive, so I try not to touch them too much... or let others touch them. I'm always curious as to where they came from and if others have them like I do. My eyes are E/C and my skin is a pale sea foam green. I have a nose and ears that look more like my mothers' features. I enjoy that I at least resemble her a little bit.

I also have this thing called a Pak that the professor made for me. I was getting sick a lot at a young age. My body was very weak compared to the other people that would help the Professor. So, he found a way for me to not get sick anymore... Or at least less commonly. He's been kind to me and making sure that I have everything I need survive. I know that he doesn't have to and it's kind of him to do so.

As I'm visiting today, I tell my mom about my day and smiled softly, "... The professor says you'll be able to get out soon mama. I've been doing my best on these tests for you... I want you to get better so I can finally say hi and meet you properly... and maybe we can go and be outside in the sun like my books show... Oh! Professor Membrane is also teaching me math, science, history, English, and a few other languages. I can't wait to tell you more about them and what I learned when you get up..." I smiled as I held her hand. It was warm and twitched slightly as if to grasp my hand.

I looked to see the professor through the window telling me to wrap it up for the day. It seemed that visiting hours were over for today. "Well... I have to go mama... I love you." I kissed her forehead and left with the professor. I was dressed in a F/C uniform like dress, and it was down to my knees. I had black pants on under it. For some reason it was always cold here in the labs. I was locked into my room again and sighed to myself, "I wish I could see what it's like outside..."

Little did I know... the one thing I wished for, was coming true that night.