Window of opportunity Part 1

:.:.: Dib's POV :.:.:

Present day...

As Gaz and I were getting ready to leave for school, we saw that dad was home for once and in the kitchen. It smelled like he was making toast.

I looked at Gaz and silently let her know we couldn't play sick now. We were far too ready to leave. She had agreed since it made the most sense. We had to go with plan B.

Turned out that he was making toast and eggs for himself before he had to head back out to work. However, once he saw us he started to talk to us... Man I wasn't in the mood for this.

He spoke first, "Children! You must be hungry!"

I looked at Gaz and shook my head, "It's ok day, we're meeting a friend for breakfast..."

"I see... Well, if that's the case, I do hope skool is going well for you both! I'm glad you are growing out of your insanity son."

I winced when he said that. "Y-yeah..."

Then I felt the air get thick and tense around me... It felt like you could be cut it with a knife. Gaz took my hand, "Come on, you dingus, Your turn to drive."

"Oh! Right. Sorry Dad, see you later..." I waved a bit. Little did he know that would be sooner rather than a few weeks from now. I looked over at Gaz and she nodded as I gave her the signal, "Hey Gaz? I left something in my room. Can you start the car while I go get it?"

"Whatever. You're still driving..." She walked out with her bag and the sound of the car started as I packed up a few last-minute things. She looked over at dad and wave slightly, "See ya dad..." I'll give her props... she was holding herself together much better than I would have.

I had Gaz look through the bags that we had. In each of the bags, there was a communicator that Zim had given us, on the request of Red. Three emergency burner phones and the house keys.

Gaz was waiting in the running car and put the tracing device I had Zim enhance under the hood of dad's car so we could follow it at a good long distance. She was quiet about the plan and I could understand why.

I just hoped we didn't cause any suspicion.

..//.. Zim's POV ..//..

The hoomans were late!

They were never this late to meeting up before headed to skool. They started to picking up the mighty Zim form his house and bring Zim to that terrible learning facility. I couldn't wait to take over this miserable planet called earth... However, now that my tallest Red knows who's on this planet... he might not want me to take it over...

But, I'm an invader! Not some silly little observer. I'm not going to start surveying this plants life and sending samples of it to the others! That's what those that can't handle a little blood do! They are squeamish and smaller than the average Irken.

I suddenly saw the vehicle and saw how Gaz and Dib looked at me. It was then I knew, we were doing the break in tonight.

"Tonight?" I asked as I looked at them surprised that it was so soon.

Gaz nodded, "Yeah... Lets' go and get everything." I simply nodded as Dib looked nervous and irritated all at the same time. His knuckles were slightly white as he was trying to calm down, "Hey, Gaz...?"

"Yeah?" She had a check list out making sure we had everything together in the trunk. She wasn't looking at him as they did this.

"Did you look at which lab he's going to?"