First Day and Ms. Bitters!?

<3. <3 Y/M/N's POV <3. <3

I was able to get up early enough to help make lunches for both Zim and Y/N. I made sure to know what they could and couldn't eat. Zim seemed like was more than happy to receive lunch from me, as much as he didn't want to admit it.

She and Zim were getting ready for the day. Today was Y/N's first day of classes and she was VERY excited being able to go. I could only tell because the shower was starting up and music began to play.

She had discovered the radio and ways to listen to all sorts of music that she liked and Girr seemed to enjoy the music she listens to. She was enjoying the fact that she was able to listen to music and discovering the world around her.

She was singing in the shower for once and not just listening.

Don't think about it

Just move your body

Listen to the music

Sing, oh, ey, oh

Just move those left feet

Go ahead, get crazy

Anyone can do it

Sing, oh, ey, oh

I finished the lunches and began help GIRR make breakfast. He was enjoying the music and dancing a little as we cooked. I knew my other children would be joining us in a bit as I began to cook. I thought about the future I had planned for my children originally and smiled sadly. I still hadn't escaped the town or the city that we lived in.

The sound of the shower turning off and the music Y/N was listening to filled the rest of the house. I smiled thinking that maybe it wasn't too bad. She was now blow drying her hair as she was still singing some of the lyrics.

I don't know about you,

But I feel better when I'm dancing, yeah, yeah

Better when I'm dancing, yeah, yeah

And we can do this together

I bet you feel better when you're dancing, yeah, yeah

While this happened, Gaz opened the door after a quick knock, "I smelled breakfast."

Dib shook his head at his older sister, "Well, good thing we're early."

Zim came from his room and sighed unhappily, "You are all too loud! Ah, Dib's Parental unit, Zim Thanks you for breakfast."

I smiled, "You're welcome however, GIRR has been helping me quite a bit."

Dib placed his bag on the couch and helped me set the table for all of us. "I'll help you too."

I was glad that my son still held some kind of kindness in his heart. Well, at least towards his family. I always noticed him and Zim rubbing each other the wrong way.

Dib perked up when he heard Y/N singing and coming down the hall after she had gotten ready.

When you finally let go

And you slay that solo

'Cause you listen to the music,

Sing, oh, ey, oh

'Cause you're confident, babe

And you make your hips sway

We knew that you could do it