Nightmares

Zim's POV

It's been a little over a week since Y/N's birthing day party.

And tonight, was no different than any other night. Except, tonight I, the almighty and powerful Zim was woken up to her noisy sleeping. Zim was groggy without my much-needed rest as I trudged over to her sleeping quarters. She was having, as Dib's more useful sibling, Gaz has informed Zim, a nightmare.

When I had asked her about these sleepless nights that seemed to reoccur in hoomans and she started to worry that Y/N or Y/M/N were having them. I reassured her that it was nothing and I, Zim would do what I could to satisfy the needs of both of her family members. I mean, I'm Zim! I know how to care for putrid hoomans...

However, with the nightmares being random, I was starting to have sleepless nights myself. Zim can still do this and make sure that they will be completely safe under Zim's care. However, Y/N had them more frequently recently. Her parental unit was alright.

I entered the room she had been provided. The first thing that Zim noticed was how messy it was and sighed. I started thinking of how, "I'll demand she cleans this in the morning. That's for sure..."

Zim had, at the time, only wished that she would silence her hooman baby noises. They were keeping Zim away from the much-needed rest. That's when I stopped and noticed, she was kicking her sheets as if she was fighting someone off her. She was simply becoming even more tangled up in the mess of her bed full of fluffy blankets. When Zim last saw her go to sleep, she was comfortable and content. Now, she was struggling and hurting. This was causing my squiddlily-spooch to twitch unhappily.

Before I could try and awake her and do anything to calm her obnoxious sounds. She abruptly woke up as if gasping for air, "No!"

I slinked away from the light of the room and observed her for a moment. Whenever an Irken feels threatened, we summon the several attachments that we have stored in our pac to attack or defend our bodies. However, Y/n's pac hadn't activated in that way at all. As if she hadn't been shown how that all worked.

I sighed mentally noting that Zim would have to take care of that as well. I looked at her and studied her worried features as she looked around the room for a moment. When she saw she was in the safety of the base she began crying. Her wild h/l h/c was tangled with her antenna. Zim felt the need to comfort her however, as great as I Zim am, I am terrible at comforting these little earth babies, "Y/n, are you alright? You were making odd sounds..."

She looked at me as I slipped out of the shadows in the light of the moon. Y/N looked at Zim shocked with her e/c orbs and curled up into a small ball, "S-sorry... Did I w-wake you?" she hiccupped softly as she was trying to stop her sobs.

I felt my squddily-spooch tighten even more as I sat on the edge of her bed. "Your sister unit has explained to the almighty Zim that it is best to discuss matters such as these."

"I... I see..." She was trying to calm down as she wiped her face of salt water.

I pat her back and sighed, "You're fine Y/N... No one can get into Zim's base but the ones that Zim allows access... Especially with those upgrades the tallest, have contributed into protecting you."

She looked at me and seemed to be less worried, "Thanks Zim... I'm just... scared..."

"What has you so scared? Zim has told you his base is-"

"I'm scared of the professor... I can't help but be worried about Dib and Gaz... what if he finds out about them rescuing me and mama? Will he torture them to find our location?" She brought her knees to her face as tears welded up in her e/c orbs that were becoming puffy from sobbing.

"They are much tougher than that... for humans anyways." I sighed as I looked at her reaction, "Zim has put Dib-Hooman through many different and difficult obstacles..."

"Really? Why?" She asked so curiously.

"Because the planet is simply begging to be taken over by Zim. However, Dib had stopped Zim several times throughout the years. All of my Brilliant plans had been foiled, over and over again." I sighed frustrated, "But now Zim understands that taking over the planet will never happen with you here."

She smiled at me, "There are different ways of taking over a planet..."

I shook my head and silenced her, placing my gloved hands to her lips, "Enough about taking over this pitiful planet. Tell me what you dreamed so I may get back to sleep. We have class in the morning."

She nods as she begins to describe a horrible scene of her being examined and tested on over the years. And as she struggles to try and escape, they begin to place restraints on her to strap her down to the table. As she tells the tale of the scene, she shutters in fear of the pain that usually would come after her struggles. "And that's when I woke up..."

She yawns softly, "Sorry to bother you about my dream Zim..."

I shook my head, "This is what my tallest Red has asked of Zim. To watch over you and be sure that you are safe."

I began to untangle her blankets and placed them on top of her, so she was more comfortable. She nuzzled them like Zim had seen her before he went to bed.

She looked up at me and smiled softly. She was falling back asleep as she mutters, "Thank you Zim..."

I sighed and left the room, so she and I both could get rest, "Good night, Y/N."

Hey guys, this is more of a filler chapter while I work on the other chapter. Right now, I'm dealing with finals week. I have been moving around again (Hopefully for the last time) and finally got settled in. So, I'm just making sure I make time in writing these stories for everyone.

Thanks for understanding everyone!